Freeware Instruments Thread

i was replying to something else, but came across this.. be mindful STEINY isn't supporting vst2... so hopefully many will switch to vst3

Synth1 by Ichiro Toda is legendary status..there is like 25-30k+ of patches you can download also for it

plugin boutique also carry some freebie vsts (not excluding the monthly giveaway when you buy)

beat-de mag also have some nice stuff, but the mag is german and it's a bit of a "faff" . they do loads of  sampler stuff for zampler

TAL is a good site for freebies

Valhalla also do a nice reverb free

there are a few sound generators e.g. for dx7 that you can import the sysex into e.g.

https://www.thisdx7cartdoesnotexist.com/

maybe you know this already.. but on the off chance ya don't.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 9:16 AM, abacab said:

Note that 'Free Reed' is a type of instrument design, and not free, as in beer.

These instruments are for sale. But they do have a free demo.

LOL, I think scook and I were typing about the same time. He beat me. You gotta be fast to beat scook! 😁

Thank you for that resource. That will be really helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 9:06 AM, Starship Krupa said:

Thanks, @HIBI, I really like the koto and sakura.

(For some reason .SFZ instruments keep falling off my radar, maybe because they don't get as much flashy promo as the likes of Kontakt and Sampletank, so I appreciate the .SFZ people in this thread reminding us!)

My contribution today is one I noticed that @scookmentioned in another thread. If you want reed instruments, (Virtual Accordion, Concertina, Bandoneon, Bayan, Melodeon, Melodica, Flutina, Harmonium), check out Syntheway's Free Reed Aerophone Instruments collection.

Thank you for sharing this resource.

On 10/31/2020 at 9:06 AM, Starship Krupa said:

Thanks, @HIBI, I really like the koto and sakura.

(For some reason .SFZ instruments keep falling off my radar, maybe because they don't get as much flashy promo as the likes of Kontakt and Sampletank, so I appreciate the .SFZ people in this thread reminding us!)

My contribution today is one I noticed that @scookmentioned in another thread. If you want reed instruments, (Virtual Accordion, Concertina, Bandoneon, Bayan, Melodeon, Melodica, Flutina, Harmonium), check out Syntheway's Free Reed Aerophone Instruments collection.

I should try their concertina.

• 3 months later...

Cherry Audio have a holiday gift for all, Synthesizer Expander Module.

...."a free emulation of the classic Oberheim® self‑contained synthesizer module of the same name."

It's a monophonic monster, should be great for classic leads and basses. It's a faithful recreation, so only one built-in effect, phaser. So it will require external FX to sound like modern synths.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...