Way to set probability that MIDI notes will be played?

I realize this is a pretty niche question, but I've been searching for a while and can't seem to find a solution. 

Is there any way in Cakewalk to set the probability that individual MIDI notes in a track will play or not?  This is a built in feature of some DAWS (like Ableton's "Note Chance" and Bitwig's "Randomness Operator").  It's not built in to Cakewalk, but is there a MIDI FX plugin, CAL script, or some other way to do this in Cakewalk?

I'm already aware of sequencer plugins (for example, Stochas) which let you set probabilities for notes in the sequencer.  I'm looking for something that can be applied to a preexisting MIDI track in Cakewalk.

Thanks!

I’m not sure whether it’s possible in the PRV, but you can assign note probabilities in the step sequencer mode.

I use it for varying drum beats (e.g. a crash with a lower probability of playing, extra hat hits or ghost notes etc.). Should be able to use it for any other instrument too, but it might need to be quite a long clip depending on your needs.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Kevin!  I think I can use the Velocity MFX to randomize the velocity to a value that could go down to zero, but that's not really what I'm looking for.  Unless I use it with a patch that simply cuts off altogether at a certain velocity threshold.  That's an interesting strategy to think about...

Thanks Jon!  I'm looking for something that can be applied to notes already on the track, not generated by the sequencer.  If there's a way of converting a preexisting track into a Cakewalk sequencer pattern (a single pattern as long as the whole track, with varying note lengths, timings, polyphony, etc.), then what you're suggesting could potentially work.

Just now, Eric S. said:

Unless I use it with a patch that simply cuts off altogether at a certain velocity threshold.  That's an interesting strategy to think about...

That is true - it was all I could suggest with the internal tools.

The Step Sequencer has such a function, but might not be suitable for this application (will add variations to looping material).

If the end result will be a printed master, randomization loses utility at a certain point and may become difficult to replicate, but not nearly as bad a oscillators out of sync on some synths.