How do you reset MIDI device without restarting?

Moogy

Hi
New to Cakewalk.

I have a MIDI 'cheap' device and it does disconnect after ~25-30 minutes of not using it - it must be a 'missed' programming by the manufacturer as if it is on a USB it is powered and not on battery, which I would understand!

Is there a way to make Cakewalk to reconnect? Sometime it does it by itself.
I also tried MME and UWP in the setting, which i on now (UWP).

Thank you in advance... experts.
M

In any case CbB should always detect the driver coming and going from Windows Device Manager and prompt you to switch to another device (if available) when it goes away or re-add it when it comes back. If it doesn't, and the above recommendations don't fix the root cause of it going away in the first place, you might be able to reset by disabling/enabling the driver in Device Manager.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have all USB with power off unchecked. Just remembered.

My problem is probably solved by resetting the MIDI or AUDIO as Noel Borthwick says.

Although I found it on the manual now it says ctrl+click reset button, it also works without ctrl, but then I have to go to PReference and click APPLY and works.

I guess the CTRL is only for when one has a MIDI stuck etc.

So, possibly solved!

Thanks you all,  guys

On 12/3/2022 at 7:09 PM, David Baay said:

In any case CbB should always detect the driver coming and going from Windows Device Manager and prompt you to switch to another device (if available) when it goes away or re-add it when it comes back. If it doesn't, and the above recommendations don't fix the root cause of it going away in the first place, you might be able to reset by disabling/enabling the driver in Device Manager.

Yes, I did that too, but strangely it was not there! Undetected by Cakewalk.
I had to close and restart application.

Will see next time what happens.

Thanks