Bitwig Studio 8 TRACK 4.4 FREE with Beat Jan 22

satya

I got Bitwig v2 8 Track free on a similar deal. It did not upgrade for free to v3 when that was released. It was so feature-limited that I couldn't do anything useful with it. I got so tired of all of the "pay to upgrade" spam from them that I uninstalled it and never looked back.

2 hours ago, John Maar said:

I got Bitwig v2 8 Track free on a similar deal. It did not upgrade for free to v3 when that was released. It was so feature-limited that I couldn't do anything useful with it. I got so tired of all of the "pay to upgrade" spam from them that I uninstalled it and never looked back.

It Waves created a DAW it would be called Bitwig.

OT - does anyone find Beat better than CM?

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 3

I already have the latest Ableton Live 11 Suite. :)

So I'm not really all that interested in also investing in Bitwig Studio. But I was curious about some features in Bitwig that Ableton doesn't have. It looks like a great program, but the 2 plugin limit in 8-track was a real showstopper for me as far as any meaningful use.

You are right about getting the Bitwig 16-track (for unlimited plugins), but that's $69 (Winter special) to upgrade from 8-track to 16-track.

• Like 2

I didn’t gel with Ableton, always found it a bit ‘bland’. So I was quite happy when Bitwig was launched and I immediately jumped, as if they succeeded making a sexy version of Live. Even visited them during the Frankfurt MusikMesse when they were presenting their first version. Remained loyal ever since, as they’ve been adding incredible stuff with every upgrade. It really feels as if it’s a DAW-like instrument. It’s the DAW I actually “play”, Another very creative one is Tracktion’s Waveform. But my main DAW still is MainStage/Logic (while I love to dabble with Reason 12, but for god’s sake, make it Apple Silicon native, you silly Propellerheads). 

10 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

OT - does anyone find Beat better than CM?

Hmm. Not yet. They're catching up, though.

The language translation sometimes makes things a little odd, and I prefer CM's British cultural focus (with the interviews with the classic 80's synth pop pioneers), but as far as technique articles, they're doing fine.

15 hours ago, Fleer said:

I didn’t gel with Ableton, always found it a bit ‘bland’. So I was quite happy when Bitwig was launched and I immediately jumped, as if they succeeded making a sexy version of Live. Even visited them during the Frankfurt MusikMesse when they were presenting their first version. Remained loyal ever since, as they’ve been adding incredible stuff with every upgrade. It really feels as if it’s a DAW-like instrument. It’s the DAW I actually “play”, Another very creative one is Tracktion’s Waveform. But my main DAW still is MainStage/Logic (while I love to dabble with Reason 12, but for god’s sake, make it Apple Silicon native, you silly Propellerheads). 

Ableton always put me off as well.  Bitwig seems a bit closer to Project 5 to me, so I use it on occasion.

However, there are a few things in Bitwig that are just completely unintuitive and not in the manual.  Tap Tempo is a great example.

30 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I'm somewhat of a Live fanboy.  It's an expensive DAW if you get Suite.    

True!

Well Ableton almost, but not quite, gave the Suite to me. Have had the standard version of Live since Live 5, which stopped working along the way with Windows 7 due to some incompatibility. I didn't update it because it wasn't my main DAW.

Then one day after Gibson shut Cakewalk, Ableton offered me a very affordable deal to upgrade from any version (loyalty to customer deal) to the then current Live 9 Standard. Talk about timing! I was in the market for a new DAW at that point, so I thought why not?

Then fast forward to their imminent release of Live 11, and they sent me an upgrade offer for Live 10 (Standard or Suite), with option for a free upgrade to Live 11 . They sweetened the deal just enough for Suite to be within my budget.

Isn't this like false advertisement or something? Bitwig 8 TRACKS has been alway free and they advertised it as costing 99€ which is plainly false (even the 16 tracks version is cheaper than that). Shame on them for trying to sale more magazines by lying to uninformed people.

Edited by pcampos