Tom Jones witn CSNY

Jesse Screed

A man is diligently at work when he realizes he's been humming "What's New, Pussycat?" for the last several hours. As he starts thinking about it, he realizes he has a hard time thinking of anything else despite not even liking the song.

Perturbed, he goes back to work and after a long day of accomplishing little, goes home.

Around lunch time the following day, the man starts humming "Green, Green Grass of Home."  Another song that he's not really fond of. Now he's confused, where did that come from? The radio hasn't been on all day, but once again the rest of his day is ruined.

The poor man's week continues this way, until he's had enough and goes to see his doctor.

"Doc! You gotta help me!" the man exclaims. "All week long, I can't get any work done. I have all these songs I don't even like stuck in my head. What's New, Pussycat? She's a Lady. Green, Green Grass of Home.

"What's wrong with me?"

"Oh, that's not so bad," the Doctor replies. "You've got Tom Jones Syndrome."

"Tom Jones Syndrome? Is that rare?"

"It's not unusual."

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I used to love listening to Tom Jones when I was younger . The only thing I could not stand when I was watching Tom Jones on TV was  once he started singing my mother would take off her under garments  on the down low and throw  them at the TV set .

Kenny

I used to do that when Olivia Newton John sang on telly. It didn't work as well.