No project on the Cakewalk Start Screen

Nati

Another crash...
But this time my project isn't on the Cakewalk Start Screen list. I can't recover it with SHIFT + click sadly.

Is there a possibility to find which plugin coze crash without deleting moving it from VST folder?
I have found a *.dmp file in Cakewalk Core > Minidumps folder but can't be opened :/ I think this file is only for DEV's.

Q: Why there is no any message for the user?

1 hour ago, Nati said:

Another crash...
But this time my project isn't on the Cakewalk Start Screen list.

Projects are added to the Most Recently Used list as part of the normal shutdown. If the program shuts down any other way the MRU list may not get updated.

1 hour ago, Nati said:

I can't recover it with SHIFT + click sadly.

If the project file exists on disk, it may be run directly from there or by using File > Open. A project does not have to appear on the Start Screen for it to be able to load into CbB. Both methods can open projects in safe mode, but it may not be necessary in this case.

1 hour ago, Nati said:

Is there a possibility to find which plugin coze crash without deleting moving it from VST folder?

If it is plug-in related, the dump should say so.  At this point it is hard to say what is needed to get past this problem. Removing a suspect dll from the VST scan path is often recommended as an expediate way to eliminate a plug-in from the DAW environment. 

1 hour ago, Nati said:

I have found a *.dmp file in Cakewalk Core > Minidumps folder but can't be opened :/ I think this file is only for DEV's.

Upload the file to a hosting service and send a link to support

1 hour ago, Nati said:

Q: Why there is no any message for the user?

The program tries to send notifications but when a program crashes, sometimes this is not possible. If the problem is plug-in related, setting ExceptionHandlingSeverity to 7 in Preferences > File > Initialization File may force display of an error. Reset the value back to 1 when done testing.