Not a deal: Just had one of my tracks played on the radio for the first time ๐Ÿ™‚

MusicMan

Great! The feeling must be awesome. I hope to get there sometime.

Closest I got was in my very amateur DJ days when a mix of mine got played on a fairly large station. Afterwards I learned that they got so much positive responses that they repeated it a couple of months later. As a first.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Congrats, MMโ€”thanks for sharing the goodness! ย This is really nice to hear. ย A buddy of mine is a DJ here in Detroit and I hear stories about how hard it is to even get that far. ย Enjoy the buzz!!!

Thanks Marc and it was a really nice surprise!

I read somewhere that 40,000 to 50,000 songs are released on Spotify every day, so it makes me wonder how that canย leaveย space for any of use newbies... so to hear the trackย played anywhere is already way more than I expected ๐Ÿ™ƒ

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kevin H said:

As someone that shared one of my PA vouchers with you idย like to take full credit for your success. Iโ€™d ย also like a cut from your sales also please ๐Ÿ˜‚. Inย all seriousness congrat :)

I seriously laughed loudlyย reading this one ๐Ÿคฃ Well played Kevin, well played! Haha...ย  and thanks, I really do appreciate it ๐Ÿ™‚

17 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

It's great! Yeah, upbeat funky vibe. Something about the vocal production and the bass tone reminds me of Eddy Grant.

Even people on here who aren't much into EDM, I'm sure they'll appreciate the performances, mixing, and cool production flourishes.

And of course, because we're plug-in hags, wanna know what goodies you used. As for FX, there's a nice sparkle on there, and of course we need to know what VSTi's were not harmed in the making of this tune.

Thanks heaps Erik, I really appreciate the nice comments about the track! Also for the gentle nudge towards sharing a link ๐Ÿ™‚

That's funny about the plugins and instrumentsย and it seems you're not alone there which makes perfect sense for this forum, so I'll definitely open up the project and make a note of them and share here too! Haha...

13 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Thanks Marc and it was a really nice surprise!

I read somewhere that 40,000 to 50,000 songs are released on Spotify every day, so it makes me wonder how that canย leaveย space for any of use newbies... so to hear the trackย played anywhere is already way more than I expected ๐Ÿ™ƒ

You're completely right.

Theoretically, someone could create the most exceptional song ever written and produced and with the sheer quantity of releases on Spotify the odds of it going viral without serious promotion and resonating with an audience would still be small. The sheer quantity of songs on Spotify and other music streaming platforms makes getting a song noticed very difficult-- especially without aย  significant promotional effort.ย So, I think you have very good reason to celebrate this accomplishment and Iย love how the community is celebrating with you.ย 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 2:31 PM, Starship Krupa said:

And of course, because we're plug-in hags, wanna know what goodies you used. As for FX, there's a nice sparkle on there, and of course we need to know what VSTi's were not harmed in the making of this tune.

ย 

23 hours ago, pseudopop said:

And yes, please tell us what gear you used. :)

It turned out there were quite a few to make a note of! For the production side it was:

Drums:

• A whole heap of oneshot samples!
  • SoundToys Decapitator
  • V-Clip
  • Acustica Audio Viridian2 EQ
  • RC-20 by XLN Audio
  • Hornet Tape
  • Softube Tape
  • Kiloheartsย Pitch Shifter
  • Softube FET Compressor
  • AMEK EQ200
  • SPL Transient Designer Plus
  • K-Clip 3
  • Lindell Audio 80 Series Channel Strip by Plugin Alliance

Bass:

• Vital and Subdivine synths
  • Fabfilter Saturn 2
  • Fabfilter Pro MB
  • AMEK EQ200

Lead:

• Vital Synth
  • BX Opto compressor
  • Softube Tape

Vocals:

• BRA VPRE73
  • Maag EQ4
  • Acme Opticom XLA3 compressor
  • kazrog Synth Warmer

FX / rev:

• Valhalla Room
  • Valhalla Delay
  • Audio Damage Dubstation 2
  • SoundToys Decapitator

Fabfilter ProQ3 was everywhere, so I didn't list that separately.

Also funny to think that with lots of expensive synths I went with a free one for the bulk of it! Although technically I did pay for it and get the plus version to lend some support to his project ๐Ÿ™‚

Mixdown

Mixdown was done in Harrison Consoles Mixbus32C with some of the same plugins mentioned and then:

• SPL Iron
  • Amethyst4 by Acustica Audio
  • SPL Vitalizer
  • Cream2 byย Acustica Audio
  • BX 9000J SSL console
  • IK T-Racksย Master EQ 432
  • XT-CC Console Compressor

I somewhat found it interesting reflecting back on what options I chose for the various parts as I hadn't done that since finishing itย ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, pseudopop said:

Congratulations and thanks for sharing! It's not exactly my style but I like it. In the 90s I had (briefly) in my playlist artists/bands like Unkle, Senser, Sneaker Pimps,ย  etc. and this gave me some positive flashbacks.

Good job!

And yes, please tell us what gear you used. :)

Thanks Pseudo and albeit not your style, I'm glad you could appreciate it in a wayย tooย ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

You're completely right.

Theoretically, someone could create the most exceptional song ever written and produced and with the sheer quantity of releases on Spotify the odds of it going viral without serious promotion and resonating with an audience would still be small. The sheer quantity of songs on Spotify and other music streaming platforms makes getting a song noticed very difficult-- especially without aย  significant promotional effort.ย So, I think you have very good reason to celebrate this accomplishment and Iย love how the community is celebrating with you.ย 

The beauty of it all is that even if nobody heard my music, or I didn't share any of my music ever, I'd still be doing it just for the love and the fun, so everything else is always a bonus. It was definitely a really nice surprise and bonus on top though.

As for the community,ย it's things like this that make me really appreciate it even more. You're all a great bunch of people and have such interesting stories and experiences to share. Easily my favourite forum! ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Thanks Pseudo and albeit not your style, I'm glad you could appreciate it in a wayย tooย ๐Ÿ™‚

Absolutely! When I say something is not my style I mean that it's not something that I usually gravitate towards and therefore I don't have the qualifications to evaluate its merits. But I am genre agnostic and can definitely enjoy other music besides 90s death metal. :)

And I think music is like visual arts in the sense that while I may not fully understand the subject of a painting I can still appreciate the craft itself and the skill of the artist.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Since we're sharing good news.

I got this fine fine message this morning.

ย 

Screenshot_20221205-145333~2.png

Congratulations Philip, that's super impressive and glad you shared it! I gave one of your tracks a listen and really enjoyed it ๐Ÿ™‚

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, pseudopop said:

Absolutely! When I say something is not my style I mean that it's not something that I usually gravitate towards and therefore I don't have the qualifications to evaluate its merits. But I am genre agnostic and can definitely enjoy other music besides 90s death metal. :)

And I think music is like visual arts in the sense that while I may not fully understand the subject of a painting I can still appreciate the craft itself and the skill of the artist.

That makes total sense to me and I'm very much the same and would say "genre agnostic" too and same with art. Although I've had friends in death metal bands, so I've even got an appreciation of them too in ways! ๐Ÿคฃย Haha..ย 

Aside from that, I reckon there's a genre to suit every emotion in life, so it's always great being able to pick a genre to suit ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 8:21 PM, Nick Blanc said:

Great! The feeling must be awesome. I hope to get there sometime.

Closest I got was in my very amateur DJ days when a mix of mine got played on a fairly large station. Afterwards I learned that they got so much positive responses that they repeated it a couple of months later. As a first.

Thanks Nick and that's pretty impressive in itself as well and you should be very happy with that achievement already. I'd be stoked and it already shows you've got the ear for it as it isย ๐Ÿ™‚

8 hours ago, Kal Elle said:

I am sure 100% the most difficult thing to do in music is to create a catchy tune. Start to finish.

You accomplished that.

Gratz 1000 fold.ย ๐Ÿฅฐ

Thanks Kal, I really appreciate that!!ย โ˜บ๏ธ

• Like 1