Not a deal: Just had one of my tracks played on the radio for the first time πŸ™‚

MusicMan

I remember the first time having a track played on WWWW Radio Station (called W4) here in Detroit!
We released it on 45!Β  It was a HUGE DEAL for us LOLΒ  Especially back in 1980!Β  Craig St. James was the DJ and
I was sitting in the Radio Studio with him!Β  Ah the memories! The two songs were entitled:

"Someone's There" and "I'm Back"

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 12

22 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I remember the first time having a track played on WWWW Radio Station (called W4) here in Detroit!
We released it on 45!Β  It was a HUGE DEAL for us LOLΒ  Especially back in 1980!Β  Craig St. James was the DJ and
I was sitting in the Radio Studio with him!Β  Ah the memories! The two songs were entitled:

"Someone's There" and "I'm Back"

There really needs to be a ❀️ emoji available for this post, a like doesn't quite cut it πŸ™‚ That would've been so cool!

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

2 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

That's awesome! Can you share a link? I want to listen too!Β 

I can, although I had to mix the entire thing in headphones, so I'm not happy with the mix and it's probably not a popular genre, but I'llΒ  PM you with a link anyway πŸ™ƒ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MusicMan said:

I can, although I had to mix the entire thing in headphones, so I'm not happy with the mix and it's probably not a popular genre, but I'llΒ  PM you with a link anyway πŸ™ƒ

Not ONE single Mix Engineer is EVER happy with their mix...even after it's done and released.Β  They always have "second thoughts" LOL!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Not ONE single Mix Engineer is EVER happy with their mix...even after it's done and released.Β  They always have "second thoughts" LOL!

I am aware of some technical flaws in the mix, but you know what, I do take some comfort hearing that 🀣

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Congrats MM!

23 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I couldn't find a playable version Pav....but was able to find it to buy for $9.99 LOL!
I should probably buy it just for posterity!

...and how much of that $9.99 would you get in royalties??  😏

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, cclarry said:

I couldn't find a playable version Pav....but was able to find it to buy for $9.99 LOL!
I should probably buy it just for posterity!

Man, if you don't have a copy, you absolutely should!

The most popular band I was in had cut a record with their previous drummer before I joined the band and never went into the studio during my years with the band. We'd play the venues I always dreamed of playing and colleges throughout the Midwest, but I wasn't part of the band's records, as I replaced the original drummer.Β  So it was cool to be heading into a place for a soundcheck and hearΒ the band you're in on the radio, but when you weren't part of the recording, you feel a bit like a sideman. Funny thing though.Β  we played a lot of colleges all over the Midwestern US and more than a decade later, I was speaking at UChicago for the first time out of several times and it struck me, I played drums at a show there and I was a business speaker. Spoiler: it was a lot more fun to be a drummer.Β 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 7