I don't get the world anymore..

telecode 101

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

So here I am. At a huge concert by a huge band. Its in a stadium. The stadium is dead empty. 

Why? Because the band got cancelled by millennial culture. what happened was some women from 10 or 15 years ago came out of the wood work claiming the lead singer made them do things they didn't approve of. I read the stuff in the media.  All the women at the time were adults. none were underage. They were 20 yrs old university students at the time. Now they are probably 35 year olds. No one really knows what really happened. All we know is accusations went flying about 3 months ago. 

So here we are . At an empty stadium. Its 8pm. Its pretty dead. I was actually here a week ago to see another band that is not even 1/10 as big or successful as this band and it was packed. 

The band is Arcade Fire. Its 8pn. Let's see if anything changes. 

I really wish when there is wrong done, that the victims come forward IMMEDIATELY.  10-15 years are a really long to be quiet, and that doesn't mean they weren't violated ....that's not for me to say. But there have been some cases recently where it is 20-30-40-50 years down the road. I absolutely am aware things were different in the past, but at some point, I would think you either come forward or let it go as best you can.

My other point would be: let the judicial process play out. I think this is a problem today ...making judgement on media and such alone, instead of under oath in court. In modern times, too many place too much stock in Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/etc. Now, some cases accumulate (think Bill Cosby, Deshaun Watson, Harvey Weinstein) and become pretty clear, but I still rely on the court system than social media.

In the end, I have no idea of the particular charges, so I will wait to see. Not an Arcade Fire fan, so easy to not listen 🤠

Social media - a way for people to get a false sense of importance and an exagerrated sense of the legitimacy of their grievance and the impact that they are having.

So no wonder they are bragging about how empty the arena was.

Chaplin’s character in The Great Dictator said of modern means of communications that “the very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men - cries out for universal brotherhood - for the unity of us all.”

Well maybe their nature cries out FOR that. But it speaks OF an entirely different kind of needs, the needs of an unspeakably abject nature.

Edited by Rain
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, hockeyjx said:

Not an Arcade Fire fan, so easy to not listen 🤠

Yeah. I am not a major fan either. Went with the wife and daughter. I just finished listening to their new album. It's very Beatlesque  and actually quite good. They sound nothing like their album live. Especially the vocals. 

[blankspace]][/blankspace]

I just wanna know did you like the music or not!!?

alsogetsapass.jpg

Edited by telecode 101

Those "enlightened" people who are judging and condemning the past according through present orthodoxies are an exemplary product of their time. They are perfectly conditionned and executing the program to the letter, not missing one iota. 

They're here to free us - and yet no one follows the script more slavishly.

Transplant them in a different day and age and they would be marching FOR segregation. In other words, they are exactly what they condemn -people of their time.

The irony... 

Disclaimer - I actually do support a lot of the same causes they do. One more layer of irony.

Edited by Rain

1 hour ago, hockeyjx said:

Maybe not, but the comments have been well thought out. YAY for reasonable CbB users! 😁

I wish other forums and conversations in general could have civil debate.  But it seems less and less of that is going on today :(

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

In the spirit of keeping this forum members in good spirits. I will delete my posts. It was just a random ramble and stream of consciousness thing.

I responded because I was out to dinner last night with friends and Bob(not his name) is on the other side of the fence so to speak then me but we have a civil conversation on our beliefs and why we stand for what we stand for.   

My niece just lost her 5th school teacher who left mid-year because of restriction on what could be talked about in class. Really sad IMO. 

Anyway @telecode 101  I don't think you have anything to be sorry about for posting :D

• Like 1