"Middle of Nowhere" - new mix w new trax

bats brew

https://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/middle-of-nowhere

this song i posted a while back,
and decided to re-track all the guitars and bass.

it is an unmastered mix.

i'd like some feedback on the way the kick and bass translate.
also level of guitars vs levels of vox.
stuff like that.

i have finished writing all the material for what will be my 4th full length album release.
i have a bit of tracking left on only one song.
i hope to post final mixes on all the songs before i master it and put it out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kick and bass are right there on my Bose cans which tend to hype the low end. Seems like both are working well together, each having their own “niche “ so to speak. 

Levels on the vox  and guitars is such a “season to taste” thing; nothing seemed “off” to me. 

Your use of the wah is very “tasty”. 

As always, I’m a “fan”!

On 7/17/2019 at 5:55 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Kick and bass are right there on my Bose cans which tend to hype the low end. Seems like both are working well together, each having their own “niche “ so to speak. 

Levels on the vox  and guitars is such a “season to taste” thing; nothing seemed “off” to me. 

Your use of the wah is very “tasty”. 

As always, I’m a “fan”!

hey tom~~!

it's great knowing your a fan, thanks.

the wah thing, i'm trying to be cognizant of not over using it, 

because it's the easiest thing for me to do, that wah thing, because i've been doing it longer than anything else,

was my very first effect i ever had, and that was the hendrix influence, i was listening to electric ladyland ALL the time, 

and just had to have one of those things!!

thanks for commenting

I can relate to your love of the wah.  I bought my first one to play "White Room" with my band, but I couldn't tackle anything from Electric Ladyland due to lack of skill.  This song is another classic Batsbrew song.  Thumbs up all the way.  Good luck with the album!

7 hours ago, Lynn said:

I can relate to your love of the wah.  I bought my first one to play "White Room" with my band, but I couldn't tackle anything from Electric Ladyland due to lack of skill.  This song is another classic Batsbrew song.  Thumbs up all the way.  Good luck with the album!

thanks for listening lynn!

white room, yea, that was out a few years before i was playing, but i did learn that song a few years later with one of my earliest jam bands.

21 hours ago, kakku said:

Very pro sounding song. Intense  sounds coupled with great writing and performances make this a hit and the tasty solo licks make most people asking for more

Hi kakku, 

appreciate the comments...

yea, i guess the sounds are intense. they were REALLY intense in the room when i made them!!

LOL

i had my neighbor's dogs barkin'

• Haha 1