Hearing the notes in Event List

Magiskeld

Hello, sorry for the ridiculous question in advance :P I have recently downloaded CW/BL and I am unable to find/figure out the shortcut to listen to an individual note in the Event List. I wouldn't even know where to look in all the documentation! Thank you very much in advance for your help :)

On 12/3/2022 at 12:32 AM, David Baay said:

Click at the far left of an event to select it (black block in the first column), then Tab to step-play notes one at a time or Shift+Tab to step backwards.

This doesn't work for me, it will move the red 'focus' rectangle to the next data cell (yes I start with clicking on the black block). Wonder why?

To get the above I do: hold down Ctrl+Alt while pressing Spacebar.

Oops. You've reminded me that a change was made some time ago that broke/eliminated the previously default bindings of Tab and Shift+Tab. To have this work now, you have to custom bind Tab to 'Audiosnap Go to Next' and Shift+Tab to 'Audiosnap Go to Previous' in the Global context.

This works in the PRV as well, incidentally which is where I use it most. And if you don't select a note, Tab and Shift+Tab will still move the Now time, but won't audition the the note.

Edited by David Baay

8 hours ago, David Baay said:

Oops. You've reminded me that a change was made some time ago that broke/eliminated the previously default bindings of Tab and Shift+Tab. To have this work now, you have to custom bind Tab to 'Audiosnap Go to Next' and Shift+Tab to 'Audiosnap Go to Previous' in the Global context.

This works in the PRV as well, incidentally which is where I use it most. And if you don't select a note, Tab and Shift+Tab will still move the Now time, but won't audition the the note.

Now that makes sense. Useful staff, thanks!

BTW the function Ctrl+Alt+Spacebar for auditioning single events in EV is one more example where Cakewalk is loosing focus. @Ben Staton I know it's been months since we had PMs about this so perhaps it's not perfect time for debugging but maybe it's worth at least logging in?

The issue is, when in Event List hold down Ctrl+Alt then press Spacebar for auditioning events, then give focus to another application (I use Alt+Tab and switch to windows' own Notepad or anything, and back to Cakewalk) now auditioning is working no more, you have to click on the event in EV again to make it work.

14 hours ago, chris.r said:

The issue is, when in Event List hold down Ctrl+Alt then press Spacebar for auditioning events, then give focus to another application (I use Alt+Tab and switch to windows' own Notepad or anything, and back to Cakewalk) now auditioning is working no more, you have to click on the event in EV again to make it work.

I'm not seeing that. Just to clarify... Shift+Spacebar (not Ctrl+Alt+Spacebar) is the default binding for Audition, and it depends on having some selection made - usually a measure or more in my workflow. Alt-Tabbing away from CbB is not causing the selection to be lost in my case so Audition still works when I come back to it. Are you generally seeing selections lost when you Alt-Tab away?

10 hours ago, David Baay said:

I'm not seeing that. Just to clarify... Shift+Spacebar (not Ctrl+Alt+Spacebar) is the default binding for Audition, and it depends on having some selection made - usually a measure or more in my workflow. Alt-Tabbing away from CbB is not causing the selection to be lost in my case so Audition still works when I come back to it. Are you generally seeing selections lost when you Alt-Tab away?

Shift+Spacebar for selection auditioning works fine here too, no selection loosing either.

I'm about playing single events in the Event List step-by-step, to do this hold down Ctrl+Alt then press Spacebar. Each pressing of Spacebar (while keeping holding down Ctrl+Alt) plays next event in the Even List. Years ago it was simply Ctrl+Spacebar, the bakers had changed it to Ctrl+Alt&Spacebar after the Now Time 'stop on the current position' introduction (ie. no rewind on stop).

Edited by chris.r