Christmas All Year Long

freddy j

Here is one for the holiday season.  A little story about a guy whose "baby" just loves watching Christmas and holiday movies.  She loves watching the Christmas in July series that is shown on one of the channels in ..... yes, July.  She wonders why we just can't seem to keep that holiday goodwill feeling all year long.   BTW, it was my wife who was the inspiration for this song.

I was stricken with allergies during the recording and the vocals are a bit rough, particularly the last chorus (a bit of timing problems).  Therefore, before I make changes, I very much would appreciate some input, comments, crit.'s, etc.

Thanks and happy holidays to all!!

CHRISTMAS  ALL  YEAR  LONG

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=963481

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 3:31 AM, DeeringAmps said:

What are you using for drums on this on Freddy?
Those cymbal hits are pretty "sizzle-y". I'd want to work on the drum track a bit.
Wait til the congestion passes, then take another run at the vocals...

t

Freddy

what tom said!!

Otherwise enjoyed it

Cool

Nigel

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First of all my apologies for being late in responding.  It has been a bad combination of the holidays, CoVid (my son and sister), and my computer being cranky and needing some TLC by someone that knew what they were doing.

Hi Tim.  Thank you very much and I am much in agreement.  It would be nice if the Christmas feeling could last the whole year long!  In answer to your question, no I don't normally use a doubler or double track an individual vocal track.  This particular song only has one lead vocal and one harmony track.  It was pretty much raw -- from microphone to the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface.  On the track itself a little EQ was performed and that was it.  Thanks again.

Hi tom.  The drums were clips.  One was from Beta Monkey (usually I have found them to be quite adequate) and the fills including high hat and crash cymbals were from --- I have no idea.  I think that some of the problem with the over-sizzling is that they were  from two different sources.  I will need to see if I can get them better EQ'ed, balanced and ?.   Ya -- you are right about the vocals.  We are coming on hard with pollen season (Cedar, Maple, and Oak) with counts ranging around 10 to 11.  That is high and not helpful for folks with allergies.   Maybe in about 3-4 weeks I will be able to re-do them.  I think I may also have to look at some minor timing issues near the end also.    As always, I very much thank you taking the time to listen and I appreciate your suggestions.

Hi Nigel.  Thanks for listening and commenting.  I shall take tom's comments to heart as I will yours.  Thanks again.

Hi Bjorn.  Thank you very much Bjorn.  I appreciate the encouragement!