Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

Ron_Pko

You did this in CbB???? It sounds good regardless of what DAW you did it in. Interesting to hear a singer sing this in "full voice" instead of the falsetto Dave Mustaine uses, and the bass player being a finger player instead of a pick like Dave(which was pretty cool).

Musicianship is top notch, and it stays true to the original!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hockeyjx said:

You did this in CbB???? It sounds good regardless of what DAW you did it in. Interesting to hear a singer sing this in "full voice" instead of the falsetto Dave Mustaine uses, and the bass player being a finger player instead of a pick like Dave(which was pretty cool).

Musicianship is top notch, and it stays true to the original!

You mean which DAW I used ? I make all my audio productions entirely in bandlab cakewalk. And video in Davinci Resolve. 

And thank you so much for your kind words, really nice to read it. We all love this song and gave the best we could.   

Edited by Ron_Pko
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

Nice work - this is not an easy song! I've been lucky enough to see the guys play this up close on tour and we've covered it ourselves over the years, and doing it even justice is a good effort! :) 

Indeed! not an easy one! I didn`t even dare to try to play this on guitar haha. I preffered to go on youtube and look for people who could do it properly, and then I found Shawn McNair and Mark Grocki who are excellent guitar players, and then Jim Ramses for bass. 

So I sang and mixed this one, and mixing was a challenge, because there is so much going on this song.

Thank you for watching and commenting. I`m so glad people appreciate it. 

Edited by Ron_Pko
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Ron

Excellent cover - first class musicianship and I like your vocals on this - mix sounds great

Cool stuff

Nigel

Thank you so much Nigel. Positive feedback from you is always a great compliment because you produce very good quality stuff. 

Thank you so much for checking out my videos.  

20 hours ago, Jon Hooper said:

Great song. Love Megadeth! You did a great job playing and recording. 🤘🤘 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Enjoyed the track, nice & tight, sounded good in my cans..great job.

Thank you! 

pretty cool cover man!

lovingly done, with super aggressive tones that don't get out of hand.

i think dave would be pleased.

and he's NEVER pleased!!

LOL

question about the mastering...

i notice in the NERD stats...it looks like the audio was barely normalized...

with the volume up all the way on the utoob player,

its sounds best, and is much quieter than any other vids i'm watching at the same time,

what was your mastering target?

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 9:43 PM, bdickens said:

Oh damn!

If that damn is something positive, I thank you haha

On 12/13/2022 at 10:41 PM, Andrew Rhodes said:

Woah! Sounds so good! Amazing musicians. Would not be out of place on a quality album. 

Thank you so much Andrew!

On 12/14/2022 at 7:18 AM, AndyB01 said:

I wouldn't describe myself as a Megadeth fan but this was an incredible cover - some truly awesome chops on show all round.

Great job

👏👏👏

Andy

Thanks Andy!

9 hours ago, batsbrew said:

pretty cool cover man!

lovingly done, with super aggressive tones that don't get out of hand.

i think dave would be pleased.

and he's NEVER pleased!!

LOL

question about the mastering...

i notice in the NERD stats...it looks like the audio was barely normalized...

with the volume up all the way on the utoob player,

its sounds best, and is much quieter than any other vids i'm watching at the same time,

what was your mastering target?

Thank you so much Batsbrew! Good question! I wanna ask you the same question by the way regards that. The requirements you have in mind when uploading to youtube. 
I never really know the maximum volume that Youtube will accept without turning the volume down by itself. And also not sure if youtube only turns the volume down or add some kind of compressing or limiter that could maybe squeeze the sound if the volume is above youtube's requirement. 

So to keep it safe, I avoided making it the loudest volume possible. That's why it probably sounds a bit quieter than usual.
I just wanted to make sure youtube won't change my mix in anyway when I upload it, in case it does it all. Would be glad to hear your opinion about this.

In the mastering, it was done very little. I just added an EQ to increase a bit the mids, adjusted to a volume that felt safe and that's it.

The limiter is very very soft. Because it sounded good to my ears the way it is right out of the mix. 

Edited by Ron_Pko