Crush The Serpent

Tim Smith

3 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Just wondering here.........

Is this the type of tune Lorena Bottitt had running through her mind while she............................................................. :(

Sorry,  I already got my coat  😆

Feel free. The title probably does have some wondering.

It's the old story you know? He will bruise your heel but man will crush his head. It's deeper than that, but for now I'll just leave it at that.

Oh the Bobbit thing! 😵 I remember that.  She dismembered that.

• Haha 1

That 100% hold interest all the way through. Nice thoughtful proggy sections. Unfortunately I couldn't listen with volume cranked, but I got the feeling that the lead high synth introduced at 1:24 might be worth a check, a bit too much upper eq? Do you notice any icepicks? I'll try to come back later for a high-volume taste.

Very inventive, creative, and very nice with morning coffee!!!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 9:17 AM, mark skinner said:

Great Production !   I'd love some information about the Fantastic drum track ..       Nice ..   mark

Hi Mark. Thank you.

It's Addicitve drums 2.

On 12/3/2022 at 10:17 AM, PhonoBrainer said:

That 100% hold interest all the way through. Nice thoughtful proggy sections. Unfortunately I couldn't listen with volume cranked, but I got the feeling that the lead high synth introduced at 1:24 might be worth a check, a bit too much upper eq? Do you notice any icepicks? I'll try to come back later for a high-volume taste.

Very inventive, creative, and very nice with morning coffee!!!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks Tom. I will go back and check this. Unfortunately I'm still in a temporary space and might be here for awhile. I suspect this is part of the problem.

14 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Tim - excellent stuff really enjoyed this - great playing and the mix is first class - as Mark said, drums sound great - what did you use?

Cool

Nigel

Nigel, I appreciate your thoughts  You come up with some wonderful stuff, so I really respect your opinion and that of others here. Addictive drums 2. 

7 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I liked the driving vibe & many elements in the production, the mix sounded nice in my cans too.

Thank you for comments and taking the time to listen.

On 12/8/2022 at 6:57 PM, Leadfoot said:

Nice production Tim. I liked the drums. I felt like I was listening to a cross between early U2 and Gary Numan! Very cool!

Thanks @Leadfoot

5 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Ripping drums, mix sweet, nothing I can add. :) 

Thanks  @Wookiee I need to pull that recipe on the drums and reuse it in other material maybe instead of dialing something new in each time.

Hey, I had though about using a chewbaca as my pic. Would you feel that as a "wookie" that would be stepping on you? The reason i ask is because I use that pic on other forums. 

nice driving tune! could be a F1 theme song.

for me, the drum track is too obviously drum machiny, with the really quick stuff, if you edited down some of the repeating kicks, for example, it wouldn't take your focus away from the groove as much as it does when it sounds robotic.

i'd try some key modulation so you're not stuck in a repeating loop, it would make the music move even more.

your ear gets stuck in the one key, and it can get, not monotonous, but less effective if the music bed was constantly moving.

nice tones and mix on everything

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1