Laptop Shuts Down at Random

AndyB01

After months if ongoing investigation I believe I have finally identified and resolved the problem. Certainly heat was the primary problem and the thorough clean and new thermal pad have fixed that - beyond doubt.

The secondary problem was shutdown within a few minutes of starting up for the first time. This, it turns out, is a battery problem. It's an old battery and apparently it's something to do with the battery not holding sufficient charge which forces a shutdown.

If I remove the battery - problem solved.

So where to source a new battery? 🤷🤔

Preferably from somewhere reliable that (a) doesn't lie about being UK based when they're actually shipping from and based in China and  (b) isn't going the sell me something that will burn my house down!

All suggestions for reputable suppliers who will ship to UK welcome.

Andy

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2023 at 12:34 AM, AndyB01 said:

Preferably from somewhere reliable that (a) doesn't lie about being UK based when they're actually shipping from and based in China and  (b) isn't going the sell me something that will burn my house down!

All suggestions for reputable suppliers who will ship to UK welcome.

I've bought several replacement laptop batteries. Always from Amazon, always made in China. I'm not sure what Amazon UK's policies are, but in the US, they have a pretty good return policy. I've yet to have a problem with any laptop batteries purchased in this way. Amazon has another advantage in that you can look at user reviews.