Indelible Stain

Bajan Blue

On 12/19/2022 at 11:59 PM, jwnicholson78 said:

NOOOOO not the game console!!!!

Very professional production all the way around, both the video and the music!

jeff

Hi Jeff

Having just had a number of Gen Z's here for Christmas, YES the games console!!!! i think i am going to do a cover of the Timmy Thomas song,  Why can't we live together, but change the words to,  Why can't we talk to each other😎

Thanks for the great comments, really appreciated

Nigel

• Great Idea 1

Just a big "ditto" for the pro mix and the performances to match. The video was pretty slick, too, although seriously? The dude would rather be an incel neckbeard gamer than to be with his girlfriend? Okay, zoomer!

great tune, hope your album smashes more than the dude in the vid.

cheers,

-Tom

2 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

although seriously? The dude would rather be an incel neckbeard gamer than to be with his girlfriend?

I see guys all the time rejecting calls from their gf because they in the middle of a game. 

The state of the youth today!! LOL! jk

On 12/20/2022 at 6:34 AM, bjornpdx said:

Nigel, all around great production! Best video I've seen from you.
Part one is the scorned woman revenge story and I think part two should be the "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" story. Been there, done that.
-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn - thanks - really appreciate your time and those great comments

Keep well

Nigel

As always very well written and i like the bit of nasty edge with that vibe.  i feeling a bit of inxs and Duran Duran, don't take it the wrong way, i love their stuff.  
You voice is so good, when you let it belt out its got so much controlled character.

On 12/26/2022 at 7:37 PM, Larry T. said:

nice work on that....good melodies, vocals, playing, production, mix....has nice Porcupine Tree In Absentia feel 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Hi Larry - I'm a great Steven Wilson / Porcupine Tree fan - I have The Raven that refused to sing in my car at the moment!!!!

Really appreciate those great comments

Thanks

Nigel

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 5:36 PM, Jesse Screed said:

Excellence el commandante!

The mix is great, the playing is great.  You have a great workflow that consistently produces great results.  Nice!

I always learn by listening to your music.  I learn to strive to be better.

Hi Jesse

Wow, thanks so much, I really appreciate your time and great comments

Cheers

Nigel

On 1/2/2023 at 3:47 AM, Grem said:

Very good work Nigel. Great video!!

I did find that the sound quality seemed to me to be better on Spotify than on the YouTube video. 

Listening to the album now. I like the new singer. What happened to the girl?

Good to see you in a vidoe too!!

Hi Grem

I do think Spotify does sound better - just the way they get uploaded I suppose.

with regards to the vocalist, I just wanted a bit of a change and I had met Grant through a friend - he really is very talented so I was very happy to work with him. Looking forward to working with him again on the next album , which is already underway!

Ah, the old cameo appearance - who was that film Director who liked making cameos?  Alfred Hitchcock? - I'm just following in his footsteps😎

Thanks for the very kind comments, always appreciated

Nigel

On 1/2/2023 at 8:49 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

Just a big "ditto" for the pro mix and the performances to match. The video was pretty slick, too, although seriously? The dude would rather be an incel neckbeard gamer than to be with his girlfriend? Okay, zoomer!

great tune, hope your album smashes more than the dude in the vid.

cheers,

-Tom

Hi Tom

Ah the Generation Z syndrome - and I just experienced it first hand - we had many GenZ's staying with us over Christmas and early Christmas day our internet went down and was out for nearly 4 days!!!! apart from thinking the world had ended, they were shocked to find out you can talk to people on something other than WhatsApp and you can actually play games which are not on your phone.  Some adapted better than others🤪

The album is doing very well, but this video is really smashing it - its up to nearly 500,000 views on YouTube - in fact its doing so well we have put back the release of the next track by a couple of weeks!

Thanks for all your support - it really is appreciated

Nigel

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 9:01 PM, FreeEarCandy said:

I have mixed feelings. On one hand I wouldn't mind being tied up by the girl. And on the other hand I hate video games. Is there a compromise? 

As far as the whole production I'll keep it simple. WOW!

Hi

Ha ha, like it!!

Thanks for the great comments - really appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

Wow -- What a production!!!  Absoflippinlutely, great video matched to an equal powerful audio (lyrics and instrumentation).  All of the participants in this production were excellent!  At the risk of being repetitive - absoflippinlutely impressive!!!

Hope the new album does well!

On 1/2/2023 at 11:09 PM, Grem said:

I see guys all the time rejecting calls from their gf because they in the middle of a game. 

The state of the youth today!! LOL! jk

I'm sure our parents probably said the same thing......but at least we spoke to each other!!!! and the games we played involved other people, and balls, bats, racquets and physical exercise like running away from the Police...opps no only joking!! but you know what I mean🤪

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 8:42 PM, whoisp said:

As always very well written and i like the bit of nasty edge with that vibe.  i feeling a bit of inxs and Duran Duran, don't take it the wrong way, i love their stuff.  
You voice is so good, when you let it belt out its got so much controlled character.

Hi - thanks for those great comments - really appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 9:20 PM, freddy j said:

Wow -- What a production!!!  Absoflippinlutely, great video matched to an equal powerful audio (lyrics and instrumentation).  All of the participants in this production were excellent!  At the risk of being repetitive - absoflippinlutely impressive!!!

Hope the new album does well!

Hi Freddy

wow thanks for that - really appreciated

thanks for watching and commenting

Cheers

Nigel