IK Farm Stone Reverb

cclarry

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

I was seeing the pricing of $79.99...minus 30% jampoints = $55.99  all along.  I own Fame and SSSR.

I checked it as soon as I saw it...it said $99.99 and I was logged in...and I own everything other than the new
stuff.

23 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I checked it as soon as I saw it...it said $99.99 and I was logged in...and I own everything other than the new
stuff.

I see. were you authenticated into the IKM site when you first checked? I am always logged in. I was always seeing 79 so I thought it was the intro price for everyone.

2 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I see. were you authenticated into the IKM site when you first checked? I am always logged in. I was always seeing 79 so I thought it was the intro price for everyone.

It is supposed to be the intro price...but it showed $99.99 originally when I first check.  Yes, I'm always logged in

• Like 1

Just now, LAGinz said:

I’ve kind of set myself not to pay more than $50 for another reverb these days. Was glad to grab Acon’s Verberate for about half that during Black Friday.

from what I know.. I think most plugins aren't worth more than $5. everything is a smoke and mirrors game by the developers these days.

10 hours ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

The other two in the Studio Series (Fame and Sunset Sound) are super versatile and one or the other is on just about every project to put things in a room together. I don't think I'd want to run my stems through what will make them sound like they were recorded in an aircraft hanger. This would be great for "that" sound but I doubt I would use it enough to grab it.

I love this idea, though and hope other great sounding rooms make it to this series. Putting different stems through the Fame verb with subtle pre-delay, along with the various positions available in the plugin makes me think I'm mixing tracks recorded in a really great sounding room.

My tracking room is small and tight so sometimes I'll use Sunset Sounds, which has a bigger, more "rock n roll" sound to it to open the sound up.

The Farm Stone verb seems less versatile to me.

hmmm, makes me think you haven't tried it, because it's nothing like you seem to think it is. One thing you got right is that it's not as versatile as Sunset and Fame, but the 'aircraft hanger' thing lol.

For me it will be getting a lot of use on the drum bus, and again for me it's one of those things that once you put it on, you can't go back to the way it was. I'm Rock, Hard Rock (don't read that as to mean metal) and it is fitting so well, makes the drums sound so good, love it.

• Like 1

As there is a bit of talk about TS, and not buying now but waiting for TS4.

I don't understand the TS MAX theory, it would be pointless for someone like me wouldn't it?

I already own more than is in TS 3.5 MAX, I own everything, so buying that would be pointless for me?

I couldn't wait maybe up to a year? or so until the next TS MAX was released to get a plug that is released between TS MAX's

I buy on release day, unless it's something I am really really not interested in.

I seen the $99 price on TS 3.5 MAX and was thinking how good a deal it was, just not for me, it would have been a waste of $99.

So for those who buy the TS MAX's is that what you do, don't buy between releases? But even then it would be possible that something

released between TS MAX releases won't be included in the next releases, so you'd have to buy it anyway, and you could have been getting

good use out of it for a year or more already.

I just don't understand, leaving money, cost out of the equation.

9 hours ago, heath row said:

<snip>

So for those who buy the TS MAX's is that what you do, don't buy between releases?

<snip>

Yes, that's what I do, buy NOTHING except for the next TS Max upgrade. No group buys. No impulse buys, even if you "need" the thing NOW. Just wait. 

The first MX buy is a little painful because you already have MOST of what's in there, but it doesn't take many of the new things to make it worthwhile.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, heath row said:

hmmm, makes me think you haven't tried it, because it's nothing like you seem to think it is. One thing you got right is that it's not as versatile as Sunset and Fame, but the 'aircraft hanger' thing lol.

For me it will be getting a lot of use on the drum bus, and again for me it's one of those things that once you put it on, you can't go back to the way it was. I'm Rock, Hard Rock (don't read that as to mean metal) and it is fitting so well, makes the drums sound so good, love it.

True, I did not demo it, just based my snark on the audio examples.