IK Farm Stone Reverb

cclarry

THE FARM STONE ROOM

$/€99.99 $/€79.99
SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE

BUY NOW

Phil Collins made history when he tracked the explosive drum sounds for “In the Air Tonight.” Awash in the unique ambience of the studio’s stone-walled drum room and crushed by compression, it became one of the most recognizable and sought-after drum sounds from the ′80s and still to this day.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trfarmstoneroom/?pkey=t-racks-single-farmstoneroom

Well, given the fact that I am the probably worlds biggest Genesis -> Gabriel - >Collins* -> Banks -> Rutherford -> Hackette fan (in that exact order!!)  .. I will most defiantly  110% be getting this so I can pretend I am working in the same room as they did. But I am in no hurry. I got lots of toys. I will wait it out until the next group buy.

(* everything except Tarzan and Dance into the Light. WTF were you thinking Phill!!)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

except for people like me that own all the IKM products but linger on the side lines as I am not eligible for upgrade pricing for anything as i bought it all in group buys. :(

I picked up ToneX Max and managed to get the TS Max 3.5 bundle for $69.99 as a result. 

I'm out of IK purgatory at last. 

Feels good. For the moment anyway haha. 

• Great Idea 2

Just now, Craig N said:

The Fame reverb is so good I'm not even demoing this one until I get it in a reasonably priced TS 4 upgrade. Otherwise I'll agonise over not having it hahaha.

Oh I just remembered it will be automatically installed next time I update T racks

Damn it. It's going to be too tempting not to demo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Craig N said:

The Fame reverb is so good I'm not even demoing this one until I get it in a reasonably priced TS 4 upgrade. Otherwise I'll agonise over not having it hahaha.

You'll really be kicking yourself if you buy it separately when you realize it's already in TS 3.5!

Edited by Pluto Gabo

3 minutes ago, Pluto Gabo said:

You'll really be kicking yourself if you buy it separately when you realize it's already in TS 3.5!

Apologies if my wording was confusing, I meant I have Fame already but I don't want to demo The Farm Stone reverb which I'm sure is not included in TS Max 3.5 unless I've died and gone to heaven. 

1 minute ago, Craig N said:

Apologies if my wording was confusing, I meant I have Fame already but I don't want to demo The Farm Stone reverb which I'm sure is not included in TS Max 3.5 unless I've died and gone to heaven. 

Ah, that makes sense! I have TS Max 2 and only really wanted Fame Reverb, so I bought it earlier this month. But then like five days later, they announced the Maxgrade to 3.5 for a little extra money. Luckily I hadn't registered the Fame Reverb yet, so I think I will just wait to do that until the next Group Buy to get all the new stuff in TS 4. I'm both patient and cheap!

• Great Idea 1

17 hours ago, Bapu said:

Hmmmm 24 jam points brings it down to $55.99. Almost worth it. But like Lars, I'll wait to TS MAX 4.

I think you may be mixing your currencies Bapu. Looks like price is 99 USD and 30% off with jam points would bring that to $69. I’ll wait for the next group buy.

Edited by LAGinz

53 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I think you may be mixing your currencies Bapu. Looks like price is 99 USD and 30% off with jam points would bring that to $69. I’ll wait for the next group buy.

Nope, my price is $79.99
image.png.d9c292c1dd4f6d415ad53ac9b66a64f3.png

The other two in the Studio Series (Fame and Sunset Sound) are super versatile and one or the other is on just about every project to put things in a room together. I don't think I'd want to run my stems through what will make them sound like they were recorded in an aircraft hanger. This would be great for "that" sound but I doubt I would use it enough to grab it.

I love this idea, though and hope other great sounding rooms make it to this series. Putting different stems through the Fame verb with subtle pre-delay, along with the various positions available in the plugin makes me think I'm mixing tracks recorded in a really great sounding room.

My tracking room is small and tight so sometimes I'll use Sunset Sounds, which has a bigger, more "rock n roll" sound to it to open the sound up.

The Farm Stone verb seems less versatile to me.

Edited by Tommy Byrnes

1 hour ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

I love this idea, though and hope other great sounding rooms make it to this series. Putting different stems through the Fame verb with subtle pre-delay, along with the various positions available in the plugin makes me think I'm mixing tracks recorded in a really great sounding room.

I'm guessing Headley Grange is next.  Any other guesses?