IK Multimedia ARC and T-RackS updated

ALC

42 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

There's not going to be a laundry list of every little fix, so if you've reported an issue the support team will always be happy to provide deeper information about your specific issue in a particular update.

I don't understand why IK thinks a "laundry list" is not useful for end users. Many developers publish a "Change Log" with many details of their new features, fixes, and "general reliability improvements".

On 12/4/2022 at 2:56 PM, abacab said:

I don't understand why IK thinks a "laundry list" is not useful for end users. Many developers publish a "Change Log" with many details of their new features, fixes, and "general reliability improvements".

We list the major fixes.  If there is a one-off or something that only affects a few customers it may be communicated directly to those customers, but major fixes are listed.  I said "every little fix" meaning the tiny things are not going to be listed.  That's all.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia

4 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I said "every little fix" meaning the tiny things are not going to be listed. 

I understand. IMO it's obvious that the IK powers that be are not revealing the tiny details, and that is apparent to a lot of users of IK products. But if that is the company's decision, we will have to live with it. There are a few other large develops that follow a similar  practice, so you are not alone.

But it's that "dirty laundry" that many other developers, especially smaller ones with great customer relations, choose to disclose that I am referring to.

Take Cakewalk for example. Since BandLab re-released Cakewalk in 2018 there have been over 3,000 fixes. All of them are disclosed and available to be viewed online, and some of them were minor and not affecting all users.

Just an observation. :)

4 minutes ago, abacab said:

Take Cakewalk for example. Since BandLab re-released Cakewalk in 2018 there have been over 3,000 fixes. All of them are disclosed and available to be viewed online, and some of them were minor and not affecting all users.

🙏 🙏 🙏  🙏 🙏 🙏  🙏 🙏 🙏 WE WORSHIP YOU BANDLAB CAKEWALK FOR NOT MAKING US HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE INSTALLER EVERY TIME YOU RELEASE THE UPDATE (and it's less than 600MB!) CAUSE YOU MAKE US SEE THE DETAILS (and let us decide if it's worth it or not 👍)  🙏 🙏 🙏  🙏 🙏 🙏  🙏 🙏 🙏

32 minutes ago, chris.r said:

CAUSE YOU MAKE US SEE THE DETAILS (and let us decide if it's worth it or not 👍

That's a good point! Trust your users to decide if an update is urgent or not. New bugs can come along with updates, and anyone involved in a current project may not want to rock the boat without good reason.

Disclosing the fix details can have the additional benefit for savvy users that can see a fix they were hoping for, and then test it out. It's hard to test for "general reliability improvements".

Not everyone has the time to open a trouble ticket and go several rounds with support for a minor issue that hasn't been publicly disclosed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is always recommended to update to the latest version to make sure everything is running and optimized fully.  If you don't have any issues or support acknowledges there isn't a fix to a specific issue you are having (or there aren't new features you are interested in) then I understand keeping your system at the version that is running smoothly in your current projects.  Especially critical/production systems.