Turk Wurk demo

Hidden Symmetry

Found this old Cake project last night that I thought was long gong on an old hardive. Decided to do a quick demo remix stripping out all the old plugins, trying some I haven't used in a while plus some new ones I just picked up...Lots of old synths & hardware were used on this one like Rapture, GVI, DimPro, SR-16..

CbB worked great on this 22 year old project, no crashes or hiccups..

Written after a trip to Turkey this backdrop video has some random shots from the trip. 

• Like 3

On 12/2/2022 at 12:33 PM, AndyB01 said:

I still use DimPro occasionally, there are some really good sample sounds in there.

Track sounds good and has stood the test of time, then again, musicianship of this quality always will. 🙂

Great vibe - enjoyed it.

Andy 

Thanks for listening & commenting. Haven't fired it up in a while but DimPro does have some nice samples in it & in those free exp. packs.

On 12/2/2022 at 3:42 PM, freddy j said:

Really cool, interesting number.  The video (pictures and fades with the reel to reel tape) was creative.  This has a nice cinematic sound.  And yes, that is some impressive guitar work!  Cool indeed!

On 12/2/2022 at 6:02 PM, Tim Smith said:

Still sound relevant after 22 years! Nice work on this.

I like the way you manage to bend things to fit in a jazzy sort of way.

Thank you both for listening & the feedback.

On 12/8/2022 at 11:43 AM, garybrun said:

Your mixing skills are quite impressive.
well done..

If you are into experimentation a little I would like to try and run the  stereo mix through my analogue chain.
You can contact me on pm if interested.

Thanks Gary, good to hear the mix is working for you & I appreciate your offer!

well, i never hear the original, but this sounds clean and tight.

it's funny how sometimes the plugs can be just rabbit holes.

this reminds me a little bit of some of the stuff that Brand X did (check Manifest Destiny)

i wished the arrangements changed keys more often, it's like just jamming to a loop...

if there were more transitions (modulations) it would be that much better!

it's hard to tell what's programmed, and what's really played, but that doesnt really matter, it's a vibe and a space to be in.

i dig it.

• Thanks 1

On 12/15/2022 at 2:15 PM, batsbrew said:

well, i never hear the original, but this sounds clean and tight.

it's funny how sometimes the plugs can be just rabbit holes.

this reminds me a little bit of some of the stuff that Brand X did (check Manifest Destiny)

i wished the arrangements changed keys more often, it's like just jamming to a loop...

if there were more transitions (modulations) it would be that much better!

it's hard to tell what's programmed, and what's really played, but that doesnt really matter, it's a vibe and a space to be in.

i dig it.

Thanks for the listen, always dug Brand-X, I still have the cassettes.