"Bullet Train to Monaco"

bats brew

Howdy, Robert. Excellent track!

I moved to France from Arizona, and somehow missed the Silverstone release announcement. Bad John. Bad John.

Like F1 cars racing by, the high speed trains whiz right past you. When travelling in them however (I've ridden the TGV in France, the Thalys between Paris and Köln, the ICE3 in Germany and the Shinkansen  in Japan), you really don't have much of a sensation of speed. They're smooth and quiet. But in a racing car? Yeah, baby! Speed!

22 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

I liked this - the drums are suitably bombastic.  And the rhythm guitar part has a hint of Alex Lifeson about it (I forget which Rush song though) - not complaining about it though.

What I don't like is bandcamp - there's no damn volume control!

hi kevin!

yes, bombastic... actually, they are tucked in just a bit, because my first mix made them sound like a drum solo.

LOL

lifeson, he's always gonna be in the playing DNA somewhere... been listening to them, and playing their stuff, since the very first album!

yep, streaming services leave a lot to be desired.

i could post these to drop box or google clouds, but then, almost no one would listen to them.

this one is not really mastered hot..

i think it's about -10rms, and about -0.8db true peak.

On 12/7/2022 at 1:48 AM, John Maar said:

Howdy, Robert. Excellent track!

I moved to France from Arizona, and somehow missed the Silverstone release announcement. Bad John. Bad John.

Like F1 cars racing by, the high speed trains whiz right past you. When travelling in them however (I've ridden the TGV in France, the Thalys between Paris and Köln, the ICE3 in Germany and the Shinkansen  in Japan), you really don't have much of a sensation of speed. They're smooth and quiet. But in a racing car? Yeah, baby! Speed!

thanks john!

silverstone, yes, i'm still mixing that one, i'll update the file on the BANDCAMP page from time to time.

i guess the 'anxiety' of riding the bullet to go to a grand prix, is the real crux of the vibe.

the idea that not only are you moving at speed, but you're going to witness one of the worlds most intense races as well!

the mix i have now, of SILVERSTONE, is a much better mix than the first.

folks that purchased that first version, can go back and download the newer version for free.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ron_Pko said:

Great as always Batsbrew! I missed some vocals on it though : )

hey ron!

thanks for listening...

yea, i may go back and do a vocal version of this, it will probably get an updated arrangement, and i'll probably replay all the guitar parts, tone em down, make room for a vocal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leadfoot said:

Sounds good like always. Nice use of the wah. Good feedback control. It's nice hearing a traditionally recorded guitar track for a change.

Well, this was done 100% direct with a strymon iridium,

But this is becoming my new tradition!

I play loud in the studio, so there is traditional volume involved.

The iridium sounds so good thru my boogie at volume, I may try some sessions with a mic

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 12:03 AM, Leadfoot said:

I heard the feedback and just figured it was a miked cab. My mistake.

yes, it's getting harder to tell any difference any more.

i'm definitely getting better sounding tracks using the iridium than i did before using it.

but really, it's all good. i still love the sound of a banging cabinet, and the interaction between guitar and a loud cab.

• Like 1