"Bullet Train to Monaco"

bats brew

This is a new instrumental rock song, the First of a 3-song trilogy, inspired by Formula One racing... 
imagine boarding the bullet train in paris, to cruise all the way to Nice Ville, grabbing a quick bus to Monaco, to witness the Monaco Grand Prix! 
you can't really take a bullet train all the way to Monaco, but if you could!! this song.

https://batsbrew.bandcamp.com/track/bullet-train-to-monaco

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Bat

Good track and guitars as per usual sound stellar

Like it a very enjoyable listen and great playing

Cool

Nigel

thanks so much nigel!

i've been doing a lot of homework, and learning techniques like crazy.

i worked hard to get the panning just so, that everything had it's place, and didn't step on each other.

so, i used these two guitars, because i wanted hard tails, and the Carvin now has a Kahler Hybrid bridge, which lets me lock the trem solid, and the Ibanez just sounds like a good les paul to me.

carvin-ibby-boogie.jpg 

again, all done direct thru the Iridium, and this time, only the iridium, no pedals (except for the solo... that's the carvin, with the REVV g3 going into a marshall model, and the budda wah) 

the drums: this particular kit, was built around the Gretsch kit in superior drummer 3, and i had been studying Taylor Hawkin's most recent kits, and took some influence from that.

• Like 1

As always Bat; top shelf!

On 11/30/2022 at 2:05 PM, batsbrew said:

inspired by Formula One racing... 

I watched Clay Regazzoni win the 1976 Long Beach Grand Prix. Beating out, among others, his Ferrrari teammate Niki Lauda.
Attended the previous year's Formula 5000 race on the some course.

16 hours ago, batsbrew said:

Nobody's digging the train

My guess is, this has more to do with the fact that you post often; but rarely review.
Just keepin' it real Bats...

Always a fan,
t

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I rather like this, some very tasty guitar work!

Just bought it and Silverstone off Bandcamp (being Bandcamp Friday and all that). When is the third track due.

hey vernon, thanks so much for the support!

the cool thing about bandcamp, once you've bought a tune, is that you can download it again, which you'll want to do after this weekend, because i'm updating both songs, as i've just purchased a plugin that i want to try out on both mixes.

the 3rd song is going to be called "Open Wheel Champion", which is a celebration of the formula one champion (this year it's verstappen, but could be anyone for any year)

its the first song i've recorded with my brand new telecaster build:

cat-front-small.thumb.jpg.b5fcc0baa669a4010dece8194551835e.jpg

it will be a a slow and stately rocker with big power chords! heheh

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Well that woke me up this morning! 😂

Great little rocker and loved the use of the wah - I'm in - where do a buy a ticket?

Andy

hey andy! thanks for waking up!! heheh,

yea, the wah, that's my thing.

i try not to over do it.

• Like 1

With certain substances you might make that train to Monaco, but I don't do said substances, so this makes a wonderful 2nd choice.

The kind of thing I would love to hear in the summer driving in the country with the top down. That is, in my imaginary sports car. No substances involved.

On 12/2/2022 at 1:36 PM, freddy j said:

That was a great ride Bats!!  Excellent guitar work - including a nice driving bass .  Very nice changes -- particularly coming in around 1:57.  Was that the train coming into the station.  Oh yes - great mix!

Thanks freddy!

Yea, I've got samples of the train noise and riders talking as the train takes off from a stop...

Its really cool in the cans

On 12/2/2022 at 4:06 PM, Tim Smith said:

With certain substances you might make that train to Monaco, but I don't do said substances, so this makes a wonderful 2nd choice.

The kind of thing I would love to hear in the summer driving in the country with the top down. That is, in my imaginary sports car. No substances involved.

heheh, substances can mean lots of things to lots of people!

imaginary sports car..., dig it!

thanks for listening

I liked this - the drums are suitably bombastic.  And the rhythm guitar part has a hint of Alex Lifeson about it (I forget which Rush song though) - not complaining about it though.

What I don't like is bandcamp - there's no damn volume control!

Edited by Kevin Perry