Native instruments - Lores acting strangely in Cakewalk

Tried this in a new project in cakewalk by Bandlab.

Inserted Kontakt 7 and loaded Lores – Restless Dreams, playing back no problem.

I record with lores loaded and when trying to listen to the recording Lores is Silent. Works if I reload the library again.

Tried the above with Pharlight no problem. Same with all other libraries I try in Kontakt 7 with Cakewalk.

Repeated the above in Presonus Studio 5 and no problem there at all with Lores.  

Anyone else experienced this and if so is there a solution?

• 5 weeks later...

I had the same issue as Christian with Lores and Cakewalk. For e.g. I could play some MIDI notes, clicked Stop, then silence when tried to play again. Christian's solution was the only thing that worked before I found this thread.

I tried RBH's suggestion, and my quick test suggests that this fixed the issue. I will keep testing, but for now a big thanks to RBH! 😀

I now will try to find out if there is a way to make that setting change permanently across all projects (I will search for a relevant thread). Now that I am starting to use VSTs, I found that with Spitfire dedicated plug-ins (and Kontakt too I think) all the settings for Dynamics, Expression, etc are not retained. Another thread revealed this setting was also the culprit! Just need to find the thread that makes this a permanent setting change across all projects, instead of having to do it for each project.

4 hours ago, Plutogenie said:

Just need to find the thread that makes this a permanent setting change across all projects, instead of having to do it for each project.

As far as I know this is a per project setting, rather than a global setting.