Christine McVie RIP

SteveStrummerUK

My wife is a huge Steve Nicks fan. And I always told her that Christine sounded better. 

We saw FleetwoodMac in NOLA and had third row seats off to the left of the band. Right in front of Christine!!

On a side not Mike Campbell replaced Lindsey by this time and man  did he do an excellent job. I could understand why Stevie wanted to be in The Heartbreakers.

RIP girl. 

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

I used to work as a ticket taker at a stadium during the big recession in the 90s and worked the show Fleetwood Mac played to a pretty empty stadium.  I think it was the Behind the Mask tour. They had two guitar players on stage and were really amazing sounding. That was the only time  I saw them. I like their first album and Mirage a lot. McVie is all over Mirage.  I think Rumours is over played so its lost its appeal to me.

Edited by telecode 101

6 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Fleetwood Mac played to a pretty empty stadium

Reminds me of the time I saw U2 in NOLA at the Superdome (Can seat 74k, more if you count the floor). Couldn't have been no more than 7k -8k there. Very few in the seats. Almost everybody there was on the floor.  Third Eye Blind was opening act. They rock a lot harder live than they do on the record. And U2 came out and put on a show I was not expecting. I gotta give 'em that.  The Edge, Clayton, and Mullen can rock. Really rock. Yeah, and Bono was there. He did put on a fantastic show, despite the very sparse crowd.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Grem said:

Reminds me of the time I saw U2 in NOLA at the Superdome (Can seat 74k, more if you count the floor). Couldn't have been no more than 7k -8k there. Very few in the seats. Almost everybody there was on the floor.  Third Eye Blind was opening act. They rock a lot harder live than they do on the record. And U2 came out and put on a show I was not expecting. I gotta give 'em that.  The Edge, Clayton, and Mullen can rock. Really rock. Yeah, and Bono was there. He did put on a fantastic show, despite the very sparse crowd.

The early 90s was a weird time for big shows. I recall huge sold out shows for ACDC and NKOTB and then the Mac and Allman Bros barely being able to sell seats. But then I saw the Allman Bros about 10 or so years later and totally selling out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grem said:

I saw U2 in NOLA at the Superdome

I attended their most recent visit to the Dome. Beck was the opening act. Far and away the best concert sound I've ever heard. Both bands even sounded good in the bathrooms. It was unbelievable. I saw Pink Floyd on the Division Bell tour (also in the Dome) and that show is the only one I've ever heard that even comes close. 

Typically, the Superdome is the worst possible place for concert sound. With Pink Floyd I figured that all the echo in there just suited their sound. But U2 and Beck were magical.

Back on topic...

Since her passing, I've been listening to Christine Perfect songs on Spotify. She was really good. No wonder Fleetwood Mac wanted her in the band.

• Like 1