Band in a box 2023 end of year sale

Yan Filiatrault

I also am invested in BiaB. I do like the results I get from it. Though I am not as proficient with it as I would like to be. Lots of potential there.

I think the $49 pack is a one-time offer. Never to be seen again!! That's what I understand.  

[TOTP!!]

Edited by Grem

Well, I called PGMusic, and boy do I feel dumb!  😩

If you buy or upgrade to the Ultrapak, you get all the content from 49 Paks from years previous. 

So the only thing you get for buying the 49Pak today is to be able to use those Realtracks until you upgrade next.  Knock yourself out with the Erhu, everybody! 

I'm very pissed off at myself for never looking into this.   I'll never buy a 49Pak again. I can wait a year, even for an Erhu.

And this will definitely figure into my decision about whether to upgrade BIAB every year.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Well, I called PGMusic, and boy do I feel dumb!  😩

If you buy or upgrade to the Ultrapak, you get all the content from 49 Paks from years previous. 

So the only thing you get for buying the 49Pak today is to be able to use those Realtracks until you upgrade next.  Knock yourself out with the Erhu, everybody! 

I'm very pissed off at myself for never looking into this.   I'll never buy a 49Pak again. I can wait a year, even for an Erhu.

And this will definitely figure into my decision about whether to upgrade BIAB every year.

I just contacted them on their live chat and got a different answer:

‘The 49-PAK is special to each version release. Some of the content ends up being included in later versions, but not always. The unreleased RealTracks are exclusive to the 49-PAK and are not always added in later versions of the program.’

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I just contacted them on their live chat and got a different answer:

‘The 49-PAK is special to each version release. Some of the content ends up being included in later versions, but not always. The unreleased RealTracks are exclusive to the 49-PAK and are not always added in later versions of the program.’

Okay, we have two answers from PGMusic that say the opposite thing.  Somebody is not telling the truth, which doesn't seem like them.

I'm going to trust the person I spoke to.  I asked her again and again to make absolutely sure.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/7/2022 at 7:08 PM, Jim Fogle said:

@Leak85 don't know of any coupon codes but this South African Band-in-a-Box distributor's website is showing some nice prices.

On 12/7/2022 at 7:22 PM, Brian Cadoret said:

The upgrade prices directly from the PGMusic web site are a lot cheaper at the moment with their sale (or am I missing something) :) 

I'm considering to jump into BIAB train  during December 2023 sale and these interesting ideas push me to think how to save some money.
So according to that the best scenario for new user should be:
- buy the cheapest Pro version from Joanne at first
- wait for PGMusic upgrade December sale and  do upgrade to some higher edition https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=741591&page=1

It should costs me $96 + $149 = $245 total for UltraPak.
Am I right or over-calculated?

Edited by filo

1 hour ago, Brian Cadoret said:

just remember that the BIAB Pro version is a bit limited

Yes, I'm aware of that and I definitely want to go for UltraPak.  One thing I'm  not sure is the price. Maybe it is a LOT cheaper to buy Pro version first and then upgrade to UltraPak.  Because what I've read their 50% discount in December sale is valid only for upgrades not for full versions (new customers).

I thing the GAS is coming so please let me ask you guys once again about BIAB purchase:
Is there any advantage to sit and wait until December to buy my first BIAB 2023 Pro and not to buy it now?
(I would like to do upgrade to UltraPak 2024 during December sale)

Edited by filo

11 hours ago, filo said:

I thing the GAS is coming so please let me ask you guys once again about BIAB purchase:
Is there any advantage to sit and wait until December to buy my first BIAB 2023 Pro and not to buy it now?
(I would like to do upgrade to UltraPak 2024 during December sale)

Contact PGMusic to ask. They have great customer service.

• Thanks 1