Band in a box 2023 end of year sale

Yan Filiatrault

16 hours ago, abacab said:

Thanks! I saw that feature. I was actually referring to a total UI makeover, similar to what Cakewalk did with the "Skylight" interface in Sonar X1.

@abacab

I know what you mean.  In both GUIs the colors used look pretty old when compared against the GUI of almost any DAW.  I think the colors are what really turn people off.  Over the years a few users have created dark themed skins and such but you don't see them mentioned much anymore.

One nice feature of the "minimal" GUI is the index tabs at the top of the audio mixer.  The Files, View, Tools, Tracks and Misc. index tabs show the same icons used in the tool bars of the classic view.  You can copy whatever icons you want on the Custom index tab so all the icons you use are in one view while icons you don't use don't clutter up the screen.  Meanwhile the Mixer index tab opens or closes the Audio Mixer window. 

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by Jim Fogle
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, abacab said:

But I would still welcome some more intuitive workflow enhancements and a re-think on the many menus and dialogues.

@abacab, I agree 100 percent.  Removing redundant commands and minimizing windows with radio buttons are just two tasks I think would help to both stabilize the program and make it more user friendly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abacab said:

When I looked at my available upgrades, they are only offering the 2023 PlusPak to the 2022 UltraPak/UltraPak+ users.

"Requires Band-in-a-Box® 2022 UltraPAK or UltraPAK+".

The upgrades are more limited for the 2021 or earlier users. So the only option I see is to upgrade to 2023 UltraPak directly from 2021. They don't show any upgrades to 2022 to make the step up in between to 2023 PlusPak... suppose I should have done that last year.

🙄

@abacab,

If you are interested in purchasing  the 2023 PlusPAK you might want to contact PG Music Sales by telephone or online chat.  My GUESS is they are afraid that if you buy that you will believe you have all available package content.  Perhaps if you make them aware you know your collection will be missing the 2022 content that will understand you know what you are purchasing.  It can't hurt.

While I've purchased PG Music products the yearly $99 PlusPAK package update provides all the content added to the UltraPAK each year .   Prior year PlusPAK have never been offered that I'm aware of.  Once you miss an update the most economical way to get your package content in sync is to purchase the current years  UltraPAK

Edited by Jim Fogle
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jim Fogle said:

While I've purchased PG Music products the yearly $99 PlusPAK package update provides all the content added to the UltraPAK each year .   Prior year PlusPAK have never been offered that I'm aware of.  Once you miss an update the most economical way to get your package content in sync is to purchase the current years  UltraPAK

Thanks! That's the conclusion that I came to. Should have grabbed that PlusPak last year! 🤪

The current UltraPak upgrade is $169 for me, and that's still less than I would have paid for 2 years of $99 PlusPAK!!!

Almost like a WUP meme there, LOL! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Leok85, Check local and online music stores.  The introductory packages, ProPAK and MegoPAK, can be delivered either via download link or physical hard copy.  Many stores with physical copies sell last year's product at a discount.  That was how my wife found my first copy to give to me as a present.

PG Music does not offer a simple way to transfer ownership  from one person to another.  Part of the reason is because the first time you purchase Band-in-a-Box you are a new customer.  Once your customer account is active you become a returning customer and qualify for upgrade pricing.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2022 at 12:08 PM, Jim Fogle said:

but this South African Band-in-a-Box distributor's website is showing some nice prices.

Yes those are some good prices.

I have updated my Everything Pak  every year since 2017 by doing the Plus Pak. On this site you linked to, I don't see a Plus Pak. What would I need from her to keep current? 

Disregarding banter about how to get this year’s version at the lowest price - just talking about features - I am very impressed with the partial regeneration feature this year - and that adds onto to the playable real tracks from last year.  

If you actually look into and start to use this product there are a tremendous amount of possibilities for great results.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Grem said:

Yes those are some good prices.

I have updated my Everything Pak  every year since 2017 by doing the Plus Pak. On this site you linked to, I don't see a Plus Pak. What would I need from her to keep current? 

@Grem, I've contacted her on your behalf.  Here is her website's contact page if you'd like to ask her the same question.

@lawajava, The two bootcamp videos, Part 1 - one hour and Part 2 - forty minutes, give good examples as to how most of the new features can be used in a practical manner.

I'm very happy to see real time audio monitoring is added.  I never understood how PG Music expected anyone to record in Band-in-a-Box without hearing a sub mix of your audio input and the audio output of Band-in-a-Box.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 8:02 AM, Yan Filiatrault said:

So what’s the verdict on the 49$ PAK? Anyone got it and how do you find it?

For me it's worthwhile.  The standouts for me are  a new Erhu instrument, plus a funky horn section.  But there's a nice mix of genres I like, including folk and progressive rock.

To get the most out of Realtracks you really need to spend more time with BIAB than I do.  I rely on presets, but if you know all the different realtracks you can roll your own. 

On another note, I freaked out about how much I spent on BIAB this year.   It turned out I was missing three Xtra Styles Paks.  So after the $99 plus the $49 and the three Xtra Styles at $29 each,came to $235 and with NY Tax it was $255.88.   Usually I get an Xtra Styles pak sometime Aug/Sept so in December I only deal with buying one.

I'm starting to wonder whether you really need to buy the $49 paks.  I don't think I always bought them and, according to the program, I'm not missing any realtracks..  Do they roll the 49paks into the next year's upgrade?  Take that $49 pack out and it wouldn't matter if you upgraded every year.     I need to ask their customer service. 

But I sure do have a lot of stuff in my BIAB now.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

For me it's worthwhile.  The standouts for me are  a new Erhu instrument, plus a funky horn section.  But there's a nice mix of genres I like, including folk and progressive rock.

To get the most out of Realtracks you really need to spend more time with BIAB than I do.  I rely on presets, but if you know all the different realtracks you can roll your own. 

On another note, I freaked out about how much I spent on BIAB this year.   It turned out I was missing three Xtra Styles Paks.  So after the $99 plus the $49 and the three Xtra Styles at $29 each,came to $235 and with NY Tax it was $255.88.   Usually I get an Xtra Styles pak sometime Aug/Sept so in December I only deal with buying one.

I'm starting to wonder whether you really need to buy the $49 paks.  I don't think I always bought them and, according to the program, I'm not missing any realtracks..  Do they roll the 49paks into the next year's upgrade?  Take that $49 pack out and it wouldn't matter if you upgraded every year.     I need to ask their customer service. 

But I sure do have a lot of stuff in my BIAB now.

That would be very lame from them to charge an extra 49$, then to add the content on next year upgrade. Please let us know what they will answer you. The Erhu would be interesting to have, but if the upgrade is enough, maybe I’ll reconsider getting the 49$ Pak.