SSD question: Crucial MX500 2TB- 183.99

Hidden Symmetry

24 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

I almost exclusively use crucial's - both MX500's and the older  MX300's.

I've never had issues we them.

Ditto. I've replaced all the HDs in our laptops here at work with Crucial SSDs. No problems either.   PS. THAT's a good price!

• Thanks 1

I just put a Crucial MX500 1TB from the offering a couple months back in my machine as a sample drive. It maxed out write speed and stayed there for the most part moving 463GB of Kontakt libraries from my Samsung 970 NVMe m.2 (X4) (also 1TB, and I wanted the Kontakt libraries off of that one). First Crucial I have owned, no issues noted, and the MX500s seem to be rated nicely.

Edited by mettelus

14 hours ago, mibby said:

Ditto. I've replaced all the HDs in our laptops here at work with Crucial SSDs. No problems either.   PS. THAT's a good price!

Double ditto. I have used both MX300 and MX500s over the last few years without any issues. My current system has a 1Tb and 750Gb MX500 in it both operating at full SATA III speeds.

I too have a Crucial MX500 2TB... it's worked perfectly - I use it exactly for the OP's intended use - sample storage.  And $183 is a GREAT price.  I thought I had gotten a good deal last year for much more ($265?).    It's nice to see SSD prices keep dropping - eventually, they will be the standard drive format.

• Like 1

Much the same here - in the past 18 months or so I have replaced nearly all the drives in both my main music computers with Crucial 2Tb drives - so far no failures and they have really given both computers (which are around 4 or 5 years old) a new lease of life!!

Nigel

• Like 1