Jamstix sale up to 60% off

jude77

https://www.jamstix.com

If you've been enjoying the free version of Jamstix 4 and have been debating stepping up to the full version, this is your time. Jamstix is now on sale with deep discounts. For example, 'Jamstix 4 Studio' is just $99 instead of the normal $249 price.

If you already own Jamstix 4, now is the time to get those expansions you've had your eye on. All of them are on sale, Jamcussion is only $29 instead of $69, MetalPak and BonzoPak can be had for $19 each instead of $49 and the big MiniPak bundle, which is already a great deal at $59, is on sale for just $39.

The sale ends on December 31st. If you have any questions, drop us an email at sales@rayzoon.com and we will be happy to assist.

Secure Online Shop

Please note that the macOS version is still in Beta and does not work well with newer macOS versions. Do NOT purchase a Jamstix license at this time unless you are using a PC.

Best regards,

Your friends @ Rayzoon

Edited by jude77
added link
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 1
  • Sad 1

I recommend trying out the free version.  It’s usable.  The paid versions just add more drummers/styles.

On the Mac, the beta is also available (but still from 2011).  It has some visual glitches, but basic functionality works.  I hope Ray can fix and release a new beta soon.

Edited by ALC

So, let me see if I understand . . .

If one has SD3 (and therefore does not need/want to use Jamstix built-in kits) and SD midi files [which are already created via a human drummer?]:

Jamstix will import the SD midi files;

"humanize" the SD midi file [improv/fills ?];

and then create a new/modified Jamstix midi file which has now been "humanized" and the "humanized" Jamstix midi file can then be exported/saved?

This is all about "humanization"? Or, am I missing (a lot of) something?

Edited by Bad Penguin

I predict that in the very near future we get some kind of AI thingy for percussion (and probably for bass too), where you can generate unique drum tracks in the style of your favorite drummer, or "raise" your own drummer with its own style based on your preferences. So in that context I wouldn't invest in Jamstix before seeing what tomorrow brings.

35 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

I predict that in the very near future we get some kind of AI thingy for percussion (and probably for bass too), where you can generate unique drum tracks in the style of your favorite drummer, or "raise" your own drummer with its own style based on your preferences. So in that context I wouldn't invest in Jamstix before seeing what tomorrow brings.

https://experiments.withgoogle.com/ai/drum-machine/view/

https://audialab.com

Edited by aidan o driscoll

2 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Ah, what I meant with unique drum tracks was that an actual drum kit (plugin) would be used, but the results would be generated on the fly based on other instruments. Similar to what Jamstix does, but it would take it further by analyzing the styles of real drummers and learning their styles, and then applying that to the music that you're writing.

Then you would use it by giving it instructions like "play it with finesse like Lars Ulrich", "mixture of Dave Grohl and PavlovsCat", or "more aggressively and go with half-time feel on the last chorus", things like that.

But that Google thing was new to me, so thanks for that. :)

26 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Ah, what I meant with unique drum tracks was that an actual drum kit (plugin) would be used, but the results would be generated on the fly based on other instruments. Similar to what Jamstix does, but it would take it further by analyzing the styles of real drummers and learning their styles, and then applying that to the music that you're writing.

Then you would use it by giving it instructions like "play it with finesse like Lars Ulrich", "mixture of Dave Grohl and PavlovsCat", or "more aggressively and go with half-time feel on the last chorus", things like that.

Yip but the google thing was my point sort of, related to  when you say "play it with finesse like Lars Ulrich" ..  the google thing is using sounds from the world BUT replace that with drummers and there styles and sounds where you could do similar with the gui broken into sections for bass, snare, hihats etc and drag around to find the sounds you want OR mix and match or the AI auto generates a complete kit from individual drummer and plays it. All this in a VST. As you say, not long now I imagine

12 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Yip but the google thing was my point sort of, related to  when you say "play it with finesse like Lars Ulrich" ..  the google thing is using sounds from the world BUT replace that with drummers and there styles and sounds where you could do similar with the gui broken into sections for bass, snare, hihats etc and drag around to find the sounds you want OR mix and match or the AI auto generates a complete kit from individual drummer and plays it. All this in a VST. As you say, not long now I imagine

Oh, you meant that as an interface example? Yeah, that would be cool, mutating the virtual drummer by making kit and style selections like that.

• Like 1

unfortunately Jamstix hasn't been properly maintained in years

no VST3

no native M1 

Jamstix is a great concept, although still looks like something from windows3.1 ! 

I'd be reluctant to recommend anybody spend money on it in 2022/2023

• Like 3

I think it is a truly amazing bit of software and highly recommend to everyone.   You can load a midi clip you like and stylistically adjust or set as new style.  It uses very few resources and is very intuitive for basic use.   Im still learning the more advanced stuff, but there are some great tutorials on YouTube. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pseudopop said:

The tech is there to make some AI drummer but the question is if anyone is putting the money and development time into actually making it and then what will they charge for it.  

I wouldn't hold off on a non-extravagant purchase that is most likely years away from seeing the market.  If someone is concerned about the state of JamStix, that is a different story.  

I'm also hopeful for a program that is easy to control and produces great results.  JamStix can feel unwieldy.  But as it stands, it is the only Windows based product I'm aware of that can do what it does.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

But the sole developer hasn't posted in the Forum on the site in many months and has quite a few people concerned about the current state and potentially his well being.

This really is an important point.  I love Rayzoon's Jamstix, but it is very, very strange that it's been nearly a year since Ralph has posted on the Jamstix forum.  

He used to be very active on the boards there.  It's strange.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SmokeyJ628 said:

This really is an important point.  I love Rayzoon's Jamstix, but it is very, very strange that it's been nearly a year since Ralph has posted on the Jamstix forum.  

He used to be very active on the boards there.  It's strange.

Indeed, and it sounds like the Mods on the board are in the dark also.  Given we have some confirmation that support things have been addressed via email (potentially from other people) at least the company still seems to be around.  But the Dev no longer posting publically is quite unusual.  Really hope Ralph is ok.  

I jokingly think that the Mac updates may have been too much to deal with...