Learning about Articulations

Keni

OK... So what am I missing here. I can get my articulation to work, but it doesn't return to normal or I have something set wrong. I've tried various chase modes etc, but once the key aftertouch articulation (Superior Drummer 3) is called as Articulation it doesn't release.

I can use Channel aftertouch as an envelope and the aftertouch returns to normal after the event,

I have been unable to get Channel aftertouch to work as an articulation. I'm missing something(s) here, yes? This is my first excursion into using articulations and their' maps so I'm sure to be missing a lot of understanding...

Much thanks for anyone's time...

18 hours ago, Keni said:

OK... So what am I missing here. I can get my articulation to work, but it doesn't return to normal or I have something set wrong. I've tried various chase modes etc, but once the key aftertouch articulation (Superior Drummer 3) is called as Articulation it doesn't release.

I can use Channel aftertouch as an envelope and the aftertouch returns to normal after the event,

I have been unable to get Channel aftertouch to work as an articulation. I'm missing something(s) here, yes? This is my first excursion into using articulations and their' maps so I'm sure to be missing a lot of understanding...

Much thanks for anyone's time...

Articulations are pretty low level, so if you send an aftertouch on message it doesn't automatically send an aftertouch off message unless you tell it to.

You need two events in your articulation - one that sends the "on" message at the start, and another that sends the "off" message at the end.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Articulations are pretty low level, so if you send an aftertouch on message it doesn't automatically send an aftertouch off message unless you tell it to.

You need two events in your articulation - one that sends the "on" message at the start, and another that sends the "off" message at the end.

Thanks Mark!

I was guessing something along those lines. The learning continues. Two events in one articulation. First happens at start and second at end.

Just booting up. Today’s lessons begin with this at top of list.

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

@Keni, if you don't mind I'd like to move this to the Articulations subforum. Seems like the kind of tip others who are exploring articulations might find useful.

Certainly Bitflipper... I love to help!

• Like 1