SampleTekk 90% Off Everything

cclarry

8 hours ago, Toffo said:

Prices are good, any must-haves here?

Many of their libraries are pretty old, going back 15 years or more. But they  remain good quality piano libraries; they just dont have a bunch of patches, controls or flashy GUIs. I like the ones that TVBO that Fleer mentioned,  the White Grand Craig recommended and think the Black Grand and Rain Piano,  a character upright piano, are also nice. They have a baby grand library I really like,  but I've found one note has an issue. I think it's called Blue Piano?  The current sale prices allow you to pick up really nice, high quality libraries for less than $10 USD ,  I really don't think you can go wrong. They're a very good developer and Per is great to deal with. I would guess that I've been a customer for 20 years and have always found him to be nothing but friendly and good natured. I'd recommend you start by checking the demos for all those libraries and buy what appeals to you, knowing this is a quality dev. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Many of their libraries are pretty old, going back 15 years or more. But they  remain good quality piano libraries; they just dont have a bunch of patches, controls or flashy GUIs. I like the ones that TVBO that Fleer mentioned,  the White Grand Craig recommended and think the Black Grand and Rain Piano,  a character upright piano, are also nice. They have a baby grand library I really like,  but I've found one note has an issue. I think it's called Blue Piano?  The current sale prices allow you to pick up really nice, high quality libraries for less than $10 USD ,  I really don't think you can go wrong. They're a very good developer and Per is great to deal with. I would guess that I've been a customer for 20 years and have always found him to be nothing but friendly and good natured. I'd recommend you start by checking the demos for all those libraries and buy what appeals to you, knowing this is a quality dev. 

Speaking of uprights, I think Fluffy Audio has an upright you might be interested in.

😜 Too soon?

• Haha 1

Sampletekk's product line is really confusing with all the different versions and bundles that aren't obvious bundles. I have these:

• TVBO (TBO & 7CG combined?)
  • Black Grand Mk II (includes all the Black Grand variants?)
  • Blue Grand MK II
  • WG2 Mk II (includes the White Sister & White Grand Mk II?)
  • Rain Piano Mk II

These are the "best" and most complete versions to have, right?

4 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Sampletekk's product line is really confusing with all the different versions and bundles that aren't obvious bundles. I have these:

• Blue Grand MK II
  • Rain Piano Mk II

I can't give an answer on the TVBO off hand from memory, but as far as I know all the MKII versions are the latest versions. I upgraded all of my libraries in last year's sale to the MKII versions and I own most of their piano libraries except the experimental ones. If anyone has any feedback on the experimental pianos, I'd love to get your thoughts.  

Edited by PavlovsCat

6 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Would you buy tvbo at full price or even half price? I mean $24 isn't a ton of money but just how worth having is that piano for 15gb?

I wouldn’t buy anything at full price, maybe at half price. 
I consider TVBO to contain a lot of Sampletekk’s grand piano libs in one, with a great GUI to boot (which is rather exceptional for the brand). 

16 hours ago, pseudopop said:

• Blue Grand MK II
  • Rain Piano Mk II

I can't remember where I got this summary, but here it is:

Here's a quick rundown of the many versions of three of their main pianos (I've marked the ones I consider to be the ultimate versions in bold):

Yamaha C7

• TBO (The Big One) = Close mic
  • 7CG (Seven Seas Grand) = Room mic
  • TSO (The Small One) = Close mic lite
  • 7CG Jr (Seven Seas Grand Junior) = Room mic lite
  • TBO MkII = The close mic with version 2 upgrades
  • 7CG MkII = The room mic with version 2 upgrades
  • TVBO (The Very Big One) = Both close mic version 2 and room mic version 2 (i.e., this is the most complete version)

Steinway D

• Black Grand = original version, all 3 mic perspectives
  • Black Grand Close = original version, close mic only
  • Black Grand Medium = original version, medium mic only
  • Black Grand Ambient = original version, room mic only
  • Steiny D - Close! = A lite version of Black Grand Close
  • Steiny D - Classic Grand = A lite version Black Grand Ambient (or medium?)
  • Steiny D Close sfzed and Steiny D Classic Sfzed = as above but for Sforzando rather than Kontakt.
  • SampleTekk Black - Powered by Kontakt = a version that came out after the original version but before the MKII version. So far as I can see it has just one mic perspective, 'refined samples' (I'm not sure what that means exactly), and runs in the free Kontakt Player (most of their other libraries don't).
  • Black Grand MkII = all 3 mics, plus version 2 upgrades (i.e., this is the most complete version)

Malmsjö

• White Grand = original version, close mic
  • White Sister = original version, stereo mics
  • Blue Grand = Close and Room mics for a more ambient sound plus some slight changes to the tuning (I think from the description this may be pre-mixed, you don't have control of the different mics, but I'm not sure, and I don't know what they mean by "changes to the tuning").
  • WG Jr = original version, lite version of White Grand
  • WG2 = original version, both close and stereo mics
  • White Grand Mk II = close mic with version 2 upgrades
  • Blue Grand MkII = Blue Grand with version 2 upgrades
  • WG2 MKII = Both mics with version 2 upgrades

Edited by fret_man
marked ultimate versions in bold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ralfrobert said:

I am also interested in this. In particular: If I own Komplete 13, do I need their pianos, or can I consider myself covered?

What you're basically saying is: "I am not aware that I am in need of more pianos", right? I suggest you pass this sale, use what you have and time will tell if you need more pianos or not. This is not a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

22 minutes ago, fret_man said:

Here's a quick rundown of the many versions of three of their main pianos (I've marked the ones I consider to be the ultimate versions in bold):

Thanks. That is exactly what I meant. :)

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, fret_man said:

Yamaha C7

• TBO (The Big One) = Close mic
  • 7CG (Seven Seas Grand) = Room mic
  • TSO (The Small One) = Close mic lite
  • 7CG Jr (Seven Seas Grand Junior) = Room mic lite
  • TBO MkII = The close mic with version 2 upgrades
  • 7CG MkII = The room mic with version 2 upgrades
  • TVBO (The Very Big One) = Both close mic version 2 and room mic version 2 (i.e., this is the most complete version)

Steinway D

• Black Grand = original version, all 3 mic perspectives
  • Black Grand Close = original version, close mic only
  • Black Grand Medium = original version, medium mic only
  • Black Grand Ambient = original version, room mic only
  • Steiny D - Close! = A lite version of Black Grand Close
  • Steiny D - Classic Grand = A lite version Black Grand Ambient (or medium?)
  • Steiny D Close sfzed and Steiny D Classic Sfzed = as above but for Sforzando rather than Kontakt.
  • SampleTekk Black - Powered by Kontakt = a version that came out after the original version but before the MKII version. So far as I can see it has just one mic perspective, 'refined samples' (I'm not sure what that means exactly), and runs in the free Kontakt Player (most of their other libraries don't).
  • Black Grand MkII = all 3 mics, plus version 2 upgrades (i.e., this is the most complete version)

Malmsjö

• White Grand = original version, close mic
  • White Sister = original version, stereo mics
  • Blue Grand = Close and Room mics for a more ambient sound plus some slight changes to the tuning (I think from the description this may be pre-mixed, you don't have control of the different mics, but I'm not sure, and I don't know what they mean by "changes to the tuning").
  • WG Jr = original version, lite version of White Grand
  • WG2 = original version, both close and stereo mics
  • White Grand Mk II = close mic with version 2 upgrades
  • Blue Grand MkII = Blue Grand with version 2 upgrades
  • WG2 MKII = Both mics with version 2 upgrades

You got this from this VI-Control thread. It has been linked to every time this topic comes up. It is a good summary. Should be a sticky.

• Like 2

If you want all the Sampletekk grands, give it take, get these three:

- TVBO (including all mics and upgrades of their Yamaha C7)

- Black Grand MkII (including all mics and upgrades of their Steinway D)

- WG2 MKII (including all mics and upgrades of their Malmsjö: White Grand MkII, White Sister and, if I’m not mistaken, Blue Grand)

• Like 2