IK ToneX updated to 1.04

cclarry

Added 10 new DIs to preview PRESETs & TONE MODELs.

Fixed a bug that could cause a routing misbehavior while capturing TONE MODELs.

Fixed a bug that could cause bumps when changing PRESETs or TONE MODELS.

General reliability improvements.

I am still sitting back and waiting to see how this all pans out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Need to be able to run a drive/boost pedal captures (in addition to an amp capture)... without running multiple instances of Tonex.

The CPU load of captures isn't particularly high.  Why not let users configure several captures in a preset?  

That would offer FAR more flexibility...

IK needs to address this.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jim Roseberry said:

Need to be able to run a drive/boost pedal captures (in addition to an amp capture)... without running multiple instances of Tonex.

The CPU load of captures isn't particularly high.  Why not let users configure several captures in a preset?  

That would offer FAR more flexibility...

IK needs to address this.

@Peter - IK Multimedia has stated in another thread that this was in the plans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I would like to see a global output knob or gain compensation. Some presets are very loud and some are very quiet. Would be easier for searching presets.

Same with input gain as it impacts how the amp is driven.  We need a default setting of course, but for those with a variety of interfaces the signal hitting Tonex can vary wildly.  

The beauty of AXE I/O seems like when the interface input is setup well, you get a reasonable response with a guitar.  I can't say the same for all other interfaces with DIs out front or not.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Same with input gain as it impacts how the amp is driven.  We need a default setting of course, but for those with a variety of interfaces the signal hitting Tonex can vary wildly. 

Yeah, definitely. I'm never quite sure where the input level should be. Obviously different guitars have different outputs. I've never really been completely sure where it should be with any Amplitube stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevin H said:

Any good BF/cyber Monday sales on toneX ?  

The ToneX price is still at the pre-release prices for standard ($149.99) and MAX ($249.99).

You can get SE bundled with iRig 2 HD for $99.99.  That’s probably the best deal if you’re in the market for an audio interface.

ToneX CS is free, so at least get that, at the very least.

30 minutes ago, ALC said:

The ToneX price is still at the pre-release prices for standard ($149.99) and MAX ($249.99).

You can get SE bundled with iRig 2 HD for $99.99.  That’s probably the best deal if you’re in the market for an audio interface.

ToneX CS is free, so at least get that, at the very least.

Thanks.  Yea I got ToneX CS.   Okay will keep waiting. In no rush :)

17 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Yeah, definitely. I'm never quite sure where the input level should be. Obviously different guitars have different outputs. I've never really been completely sure where it should be with any Amplitube stuff.

It can take more experimentation that I'd like that is for sure.  You end up having to adjust the input gain (plus your guitar volume knob) and then the gain on the amp plus the output gain to find the sweet spot of where the rig is reacting to your playing the best.  On a real world non-master volume amp it is a bit more simplistic as the gain knob accounts for most of it, and you tweak your guitar volume knob to make sure that sweet spot gives you the control you want.  

Amplitube in general isn't as responsive to the guitar knob control so I tend to elimiate that.  ToneX on the other hand, can respond better and the guitar vol knob actually becomes a factor for my setup.  

I wonder if it would make sense to have a function like the United Plugins Electrum has where you have some feedback on the input gain the plugin sees to properly set the levels.  Given how critical impedence and volume of signal is to a guitar rig input I bet it would help users get a more realistic sound/feel as many guitar players just don't have the experience with that interaction at an expert level.  

• Like 2