Copying Markers, Fades + Trim

Hi,

Is there a way to copy markers from one track to another like you can drag and drop a midi file from one track to a third folder and then drag it into your new track?

Also when removing breaths I use fades and trim to isolate each vocal segment; is there a way to copy the fades and trim from one track to another (e.g. 2 nearly identical vocal takes + one amended with fades and trim which now need to be repeated on the 2nd vocal track).

Any guidance on the above 2 scenarios would be greatly appreciated.

best wishes

paul 

For #1 I don't know of a way to copy markers from one Project to another Project. Maybe with a project template you could save the markers and then start a new project?

For #2, You can copy automation from one track to another so if you did your fades with automation you could copy that from one track to another. I don't know of any way to copy the fade points from one clip to another.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 4:10 AM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Is there a way to copy markers from one track to another like you can drag and drop a midi file from one track to a third folder and then drag it into your new track?

The markers I think about are always at the top of the Track view, above the time line. What markers are track-specific?
Or do you mean from a track in Project A into a track in Project 7?

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 3:10 AM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Also when removing breaths I use fades and trim to isolate each vocal segment; is there a way to copy the fades and trim from one track to another (e.g. 2 nearly identical vocal takes + one amended with fades and trim which now need to be repeated on the 2nd vocal track).

Edits cannot be copied between clips but setting up clip selection groups in advance of editing may work in this case.

Track automation may be copied between tracks. A solution may be lurking there too.

• Like 1