Expression Pedal Calibration or MIDI controller values transform plugin

orhor

I have an expression pedal connected via a MIDI keyboard. I can connect it via iCON iKeyboard 4 Nano or via M-Audio Oxygen 88. In both cases the expression pedal gives values in a range 0-116.

Is there a way to either calibrate a pedal in Cakewalk? Or set some setting on a MIDI track to transform values to spread the values from 0 - 127? Or put some transforming plugin on a MIDI track (I found only a filtering plugin, which is not a pleasing one in this case)?

Thank You

You can use MIDI FXes, f.e. "CC Map" from https://www.tencrazy.com/gadgets/mfx/

Note that Cakewalk has no "pre-FX", so recorded value will be original. You can Process/Apply Effect/MIDI effects to render the change permanently.

Also note you need MIDI track to insert these FXes, Instrument tracks show audio part FX bin, so you need to split it first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, azslow3 said:

Also note you need MIDI track to insert these FXes, Instrument tracks show audio part FX bin, so you need to split it first.

While the track view only shows the audio FX rack, Instrument tracks have audio and MIDI plug-in racks. The FX rack displayed in the inspector depends on the ausio/MIDI tab selection at the bottom of the inspector.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, scook said:

While the track view only shows the audio FX rack, Instrument tracks have audio and MIDI plug-in racks. The FX rack displayed in the inspector depends on the ausio/MIDI tab selection at the bottom of the inspector.

That is one (from not so many) obvious possibilities which I periodically "discover" and then (completely...) forget 🤪

On 11/29/2022 at 12:13 PM, azslow3 said:

You can use MIDI FXes, f.e. "CC Map" from https://www.tencrazy.com/gadgets/mfx/

Note that Cakewalk has no "pre-FX", so recorded value will be original. You can Process/Apply Effect/MIDI effects to render the change permanently.

This is exactly what I need, thanks a lot once more!