Studio One 6 Pro Upgrade from Pro 109 $US

Paul P

I just completed a project in version 6 from composition to mastering without issues. I really like the lyrics in v6, I am on the Sphere subscription, but the lyric track alone would have been worth the upgrade for me had I been on a perpetual licence.

On the downside I had a crash in another project using one of the older Musiclab guitars (Real Strat) but other than that rock solid for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I just completed a project in version 6 from composition to mastering without issues. I really like the lyrics in v6, I am on the Sphere subscription, but the lyric track alone would have been worth the upgrade for me had I been on a perpetual licence.

On the downside I had a crash in another project using one of the older Musiclab guitars (Real Strat) but other than that rock solid for me.

Thks Vernon , did ya notice more cpu grab with V5 V6 against V4 since they introduced quite a lot for the engine (performance view , video , icons  ect ... )

Just placed the order but i already regret lol that said it was upgrade at 75 $ since it's EDU but still i don't feel the need to do so , just the price was great 

20 minutes ago, Zo said:

Just placed the order but i already regret lol that said it was upgrade at 75 $ since it's EDU but still i don't feel the need to do so , just the price was great 

That's a great price!

I still don't see a compelling reason to upgrade from v5 at the current non-EDU price, other than for under the hood updates and on-going bug fixes. If v5 or v4 works, then great, but PreSonus will never issue bug fixes or future OS compatibility releases for them.

I can wait until the price drops a little more. But it's a bit like WUP. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

That's a great price!

I still don't see a compelling reason to upgrade from v5 at the current non-EDU price, other than for under the hood updates and on-going bug fixes. If v5 or v4 works, then great, but PreSonus will never issue bug fixes or future OS compatibility releases for them.

I can wait until the price drops a little more. But it's a bit like WUP. :)

i was thinking in fact if waiting to V6.5 ...but isn't V0.5 free ? for current same version owner ? 

I was in 4.5.6 mainly because after that it was windows 10 only , updated to windows 10 all computer yesturday ...doing ytrouble shooting since lol 

Mys teinberg download assiatant doesn't want to start , analog lab gives me red gui ....ah windows update .... it's like NATO , a pure pain for peace of mind ;) 

Version 6 has two new updates that I do appreciate:

• Track icons. Yeah; some people don't care for them, but I find them really useful for quick track identification on the console view.
  • The new video track. I started experimenting with video scoring and it's really nice for video to be more integrated in the experience.