The "loot" thread

Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann

Now that all the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals have been revealed and hopefully most of us have had a chance to add more plugins and tools to our arsenals, it's time to enjoy looking at what we got.

What were the deals that you decided were worth your hard-earned money? Were there some that you wanted but resisted? (voluntary restraint, out of budget, fear of significant other's reaction, etc). Anything else that you'd like to share about this deals season

• Like 4

My own list this year was short but with some large bundles

• Custom Bundle: Xils Analog String machines, PolyKB III & II, KaoX, Xils Analog Vocoders bundle, Bfd3, Earmaster Pro 7, $268 (dontcrack)
  • Plugin Alliance PA ALL BUNDLE 2022 $224 (Pluginalliance)
  • Izotope everything bundle upg from RX Adv $169.15 (JRRShop)
  • Eventide Anthology XII upgrade $130.13 (eventide)
  • SSL Native Guitarstrip $35.98 and 1.79 Deluxe Bucks (Audiodeluxe)
  • Many soundpools (producerplanet)

Very tempting but I didn't get:

• Cherry Audio Synth Stack 3
  • Sonnox Claro
  • MTM mixroom
  • Wavesfactory Cassette
  • Kilohearts Ultimate upgrade
  • Fluid chords
  • Beast D-Lay
  • Softube Parallels
  • 4ms pingable envelope generator
  • Mixed in key Pilot
  • Magix Bundle (MMM Premium+CoreFx)
Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
Late addition(s): Eventide Anthology XII
  • Like 5
  • Great Idea 1

I stayed at the Paris way back when, Larry - hope you had fun!

There were lots of bf deals that caught my eye, but not many I bit on. I ended up buying

• Soniccouture's Moonkits
  • Fluffy Audio's Jazz brushes
  • Soniccouture's Canterbury suitcase (rhodes)

Things I put in my cart but didn't follow through on...

• Skybox audio's electric bundle (+ their new Wurli 145...sounded great but I have at least 3 Rhodes VIs that I really like)
  • Softube Vocoder (was *really* tempted at $38, but the demos were...crap, IMO)
  • Soniccouture's Broken Wurli (next year it will be back in my cart)
  • VSL Vienna Imperial (I already have both the Synchron Bosendorfer grands + various Bosies. I couldn't justify this even at 50% off)
  • StraightAheadSamples Flugelhorn (sounds beautiful and I love the mellow tone, but I wouldn't use it enough for it to be worthwhile

Was sorta hoping for a reduced upgrade to EZD3 and a huge discount off some different VSL instruments, but I'm kinda glad that I can do a better job getting to grips with a smaller number of instruments. 

• Like 3

I got a lot. But, almost everything was from my wishlist. So...partly successful? Some very expensive, some very cheap.

Moogerfooger bundle (not on the wishlist, but it was brand new, it probably would have been), Skybox audio full bundle, Tapes.01, Neural DSP Rabae & Corey Wong, Kush Omega bundle (not on my wishlist but it was last year), Kazrog True dynamics, Newfangled Audio Invigorate (again, brand new), Goodhertz Vulf compressor, Klevgrand Fosfat, Embertone sensual sax, Yum Audio Mr Bill Slap, Ramzoid 808 cooker, Softube Tube Tech CL1B, Waldorf Streichfett, Aberrant Digitalis, Blacksalt Audio Low control, XLN Addictive drums XL. Various sample packs & preset packs (both Jovian Abyss packs make up the majority of the cost). Ujam Brute.

Didn't get: Ujam brasss, Vogue and some upgrade, anything Spitfire, lots of sample packs, Dr Ms spacial thing, a couple of Klevgrand things, anything Heavyocity, and a load of plugins that didn't meet my discount criteria.

Next month, some hardware.

Edited by Nick Blanc
  • Like 4

My BF booty..
Spent more than I wanted but didn't go too crazy**...
**compared to what I've previously done or could done

Software:
Eventide - Invigorate 
Heavyocity Punish2
Vanguard 2 upgrade (debated this but Vanguard1 compatibility and all the included free libraries swung me over)
Tracktion Novum & Biotek 
Nugen $41 - update to Visualizer2 & ISL2 (probably a great price but still have mixed feelings on this as I haven't used the v1 versions in ages)

Edit: forgot about Neural DSP's Tone King - wasn't even on my radar until someone mentioned it in regards the 50% off sale (which expires Nov 30th) and I tried it out.  Loved it, bought it. 

Hardware:
New set of glasses from eyebuydirect.com (been on my todo list for way too long)
Yamaha PSR-EW310  keyboard w power supply  (upcoming holiday present for my son)
PRS locking tuners for SE Custom (hey they were on sale)

Really wanted to pickup a Fender baritone guitar but it was either get my son his 1st piano or another guitar for me. 

On my wannabuy list but decided to opt out on:|
Audio Damage:
Quanta 2 upgrade (opted for Novum, besides my upgrade price was better than the BF price so if needed this can wait)
Continua  - opted for Bio Tek (yes, they are not the same but to get one the other had to go)

Photo, Publisher, Designer - all for $99 (barely used the previous version, can't justify buying an upgrade it)

Krotos Dehumanizer 2 $150 upgrade from Simple Monsters (fun but no practical usage in near future)

Vocoder by Xli (it's mine when price hits $29, otherwise it waits)

NI Ultimate - KOMPLETE 14 COLLECTOR'S EDITION $499 - Oh I want it... but can't say that any piece of it will make or break me when I already have similar or in some cases better.

Studio One 6 Pro update - should be cheaper around New Year's

Image Line $85 Upgrade to All Plugins EDITION (no need when all this upgrade gets me is additional locked in plugins)

PSP Saturator $49 (got Punish instead)

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 4

My consumption was not as conspicuous as previous years, and I felt quite happy about that!

- upgraded an internal 1TB drive to 2TB. Can breathe now!

- Nembrini "Cory Wong" amp

- Cableguys "Shaperbox 3" bundle. Amazing value 

- DJ Swivel's "Spread" multiband eq widener

- Gospel Musicians' "Splat to Clat" drums

Had a decision to make about Reason 12 or just the subscription Reason + . . . I don't need any Reason synths or effects, most of which have a 20 yrs ago sound, like the AIR Xpand stuff. But Reason's new BVX Vocoder is da bomb, it sounds amazing. Almost thought about buying Reason outright to get it. That would have been around $420. Not worth it, as owning the rest of Reason 12 would be just too dumb, given what I already have covered.

So I subscribed to Reason +, like 20 a month, that's lame too. A great vocoder though.

A good savings season, so glad it's over!!!

• Like 4

Got:

UAD 3 Bundle that got me 3 free

UAD Manley Tube Preamp

Rigid Audio Everything Bundle

Two Notes IR's

Audio Assault IR's

EZD midi pk

EzD UK EDX

Cube Mini

And a very nice mic for half price, but it doesn't qualify as a BF/CM deal.

And I think that's it.

Had 5 PA amp sims in my cart and with the dynamic discount could have gotten them for less than $10 each... but didn't pull the trigger.

All in all I didn't go overboard.  Glad for that.

Almost pulled the trigger on the Positive Grid Smart Amp with the Carry Bag and Foot Switch. But I am hoping the wife gets the hint and picks it up for me for Christmas!! :)

Edited by Grem
  • Like 4

Oh, man. Now I have to pull my head out of the sand to see what I got. Looking thru my receipts (and ignoring the free stuff) I see:

• Marc Jovani's Cinematic Composing deal: free for 30 days, impulse buy
  • VI Lab's Modern U: $110
  • BFD Jazz & Funk, Jazz Noir, Sabian Cymbal Digital Vault, Maple Custom Absolute, Jex Drums: $160 for all 5
  • Westwood Instruments ALT Piano: $35
  • Riot Audio Putty Piano: $15, impulse buy
  • Soniccouture's Ondes & Ondioline: $93 for the pair
  • Mastering the Mix eBooks: $32 for two, impulse buy
  • Skybox Audio, completed my collection: $149
  • Ample Sound Rickenbacher: $80
  • Loops de la creme's Cymbal Rolls, East Theremin, Magic Jaw Harps, Melodic Jaw Harps, Chimes Deluxe:  all for $73
  • Groove3 five videos: $70
  • Sonuscore's Medieval Phrases Lute & Theorbo: $50
  • Cinesamples' Taylor Davis Violin & Dulcimer/Zither: $117
  • Redroom Audio's Traveler Series Bodhrans & Bones: $25 impulse buy
  • Wavesfactory's Boomwhackers & Suspended Cymbals: $55
  • VSTbuzz Cymba Rolls: $9 impulse buy
  • Soundyan's Intersteller Waterphone: $34
  • Gforce's Oddity 3 upgrade: $30

OMG, that's over $1000! I should have kept a running total. I knew I should have kept my head in the sand.

• Like 6

I backed out of much of the list after realizing how much additional duplication I would have, even though I would miss all the shiny new things.

Keepers:

• Toontrack Fusion EZBass MIDI
  • Toontrack Metal Machine EZX = maybe some useful sounds and decent MIDI all for a MIDI pack price
  • Audiomodern Playbeat
  • Arturia FX3 upgrade from FX2

Left in the cart:

• Helix Native
  • Scuffham S-Gear
  • Mercuriall Reaxis
  • Studio One Pro 6 update
  • Baby Audio Crystalline

Saved some $$$, for sure. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marc Cormier said:

I backed out of much of the list after realizing how much additional duplication I would have, even though I would miss all the shiny new things.

Keepers:

• Toontrack Fusion EZBass MIDI
  • Toontrack Metal Machine EZX = maybe some useful sounds and decent MIDI all for a MIDI pack price
  • Audiomodern Playbeat
  • Arturia FX3 upgrade from FX2

Left in the cart:

• Helix Native
  • Scuffham S-Gear
  • Mercuriall Reaxis
  • Studio One Pro 6 update
  • Baby Audio Crystalline

Saved some $$$, for sure. 

You left guitar stuff in the cart?!
OMG.  Didn't know that was possible...

• Haha 4