(Super)wave

kakku

Hi. I bought a synth again from Superwave. Big mistake it would seem imo. The price was right imo although the sounds ofc sounded better on their site. But what turns me completely off and down is the bit thingy. They have 2 versions of synths that show x86 an dx64. I would think most people agree that x64 means 64 bit. But it seems the www.superwavesynths.com company thinks it means a 32 bit synth with 64 bit daw compatibility. When I look in the Task Manager the Cakewalk thingy has company. It isays 32 bit Teleport server when I put a synth of theirs on  the fabulous CbB and also Superwave_core.exe. I think that is simply conning customers to put x64 if it is not 64 bits. Am I right or wrong please tell me. They have trials but ofc I noticed too late this conning(?)

does all sound a bit strange - on their support site it says

Q12. Can I use SuperWave plugins on a 64-bit operating system?

Yes! If you are using a 64-bit VST Host then you will need to download and install the x64 version of the plugin(s). If you are running your VST Host in 32-bit mode then download and install the x86 version of the plugin(s).

On 7/16/2019 at 7:55 PM, Bajan Blue said:

does all sound a bit strange - on their support site it says

Q12. Can I use SuperWave plugins on a 64-bit operating system?

Yes! If you are using a 64-bit VST Host then you will need to download and install the x64 version of the plugin(s). If you are running your VST Host in 32-bit mode then download and install the x86 version of the plugin(s).

Strange indeed. Perhaps even  criminal

On 7/16/2019 at 8:02 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Having had a quick look around the interweb, it would appear these are old Synth Edit 32bit Synths - as Synth Edit is no more I believe, I assume bridging is the only answer

But it seems very naughty of them to not make this clear

I read that there exists a 64 bit SynthEdit in the SynthEdit page. But if there is a 64 ´bit SE then why they did not use that?

• Great Idea 1

I decided to ask from the software seller on this matter, but probably they will not answer or claim that I am wrong. We will see.

P.S. I sent them/him this, not the best lines though:  Hello.

I installed your software and despite you claim it's 64 bit, it says on the Task Manager, that your software is 32. Very strange. Luckily you sell your software at cheap prices although unused software should be free

Edited by kakku