Sonible Smart Comp 2 ($61.98 @ AudioDeluxe)

MusicMan

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

Sonible Smart Comp 2 ($61.98 @ AudioDeluxs) with free Melda Transient shaper plugin

Check your discount directly on Sonible first. Showing $35 for me.

A lot of people seem to say it's better than Trackspacer 🙂

Same for me on Sonible website. I have Smart Limit (and other Sonible stuff) which is now in my default template.
I was waiting for Smart Comp 2 👍🏻

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Same for me on Sonible website. I have Smart Limit (and other Sonible stuff) which is now in my default template.
I was waiting for Smart Comp 2 👍🏻

They seem to do a pretty decent loyalty discount. Not sure if it increases with the more you have though, or whether it's just a set loyalty, but it's still nice to see.

What particular functionality are you looking for from SmartComp?

7 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

They seem to do a pretty decent loyalty discount. Not sure if it increases with the more you have though, or whether it's just a set loyalty, but it's still nice to see.

It excels at unmasking. Better than Trackspacer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jan Schmitz said:

It excels at unmasking. Better than Trackspacer.

Thanks Jan, I'm hearing that a lot. I had thought I might get Trackspacer at some stage, but I'd been waiting for it to go on sale.

But when it finally did, I'd just found out about SmartComp instead.

36 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I like sonible stuff in general as I find their UIs to be pretty well designed. They can also get you close to the settings you want quickly often needing only minor manual tweaks. 

I have Trackspacer so will be interested to see how the unmasking capabilities compare with it.

This video piqued my interest when Smart Comp 2 was introduced so I kept it on my radar waiting for a decent upgrade price.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ZincT said:

I like sonible stuff in general as I find their UIs to be pretty well designed. They can also get you close to the settings you want quickly often needing only minor manual tweaks. 

I have Trackspacer so will be interested to see how the unmasking capabilities compare with it.

This video piqued my interest when Smart Comp 2 was introduced so I kept it on my radar waiting for a decent upgrade price.

That makes total sense and thanks for sharing the video too. I just watched this one now.

Will be very interesting to hear how you find it in comparison to Trackspacer.

Do you find their plugins heavy on the CPU?

50 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

That makes total sense and thanks for sharing the video too. I just watched this one now.

Will be very interesting to hear how you find it in comparison to Trackspacer.

Do you find their plugins heavy on the CPU?

Yeah, the "Trackspacing" feature (spectral compression) will murder your CPU. But it's a mixing tool for special occasions only (frequency clashes between a handful of elements in a mix at most).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I also watched this one before as well and he goes quite deep into the options and examples too:

Thanks for the video.

Another useful one; I've watched a lot of his reviews. He even used it for de-essing 😎

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mibby said:

Haha!  Yes.  Timezone difference maybe? I'm in the US...

I saw it this morning but thought I'd wait.

Looks like the gig is up Mibby... I'm not sure what their normal loyalty offers are in their common sales, but it did seem like a good price. In many cases waiting is not always a good option if it's something you want!

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

Looks like the gig is up Mibby... I'm not sure what their normal loyalty offers are in their common sales, but it did seem like a good price. In many cases waiting is not always a good option if it's something you want!

Well, in this case I guess it saved me $30 bucks.  ;)   I emailed support.  We'll see what happens...