EW Hollywood OPUS Diamond $251.16 at JRR

Brian Lawler

Eh, I caved in. Can't really argue with the price anymore, and even when the lowest price was closer to $400 everyone said that of all the orchestral libraries it's the best value for money.

I had previously dismissed this because I thought the sound was too smooth for my taste, but I have since realized that I sometimes need that kind of sound. I still like grittier strings but they don't always sit well in the mix. And who knows, maybe now I'll start doing more orchestral stuff.

Now I just need to make some space for it!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, pseudopop said:

Eh, I caved in. Can't really argue with the price anymore, and even when the lowest price was closer to $400 everyone said that of all the orchestral libraries it's the best value for money.

Downloading Hollywood Opus
  Disappointed with the Sonokinetic Bundle,  but  Hollywood Opus with Orchestrator looks good for the price.

Here is an explanation of 'How to export individual tracks from a MIDI performance in Cubase'.

The best part of EW Hollywood OPUS is that you don't need to download all at once. If you set it right, orchestrator would download what is needed for the preset you are using.

I hope they will come with orchestrator presets that will make use of their other libraries. For example, choir, pianos, etc.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, smde said:

The best part of EW Hollywood OPUS is that you don't need to download all at once. If you set it right, orchestrator would download what is needed for the preset you are using.

I hope they will come with orchestrator presets that will make use of their other libraries. For example, choir, pianos, etc.

That's great

I almost went for this, but I have no place to put it.  We all know this deal will come back. 

Rather than buy another 1 TB of storage for this one library, I'm going to begin moving some big libraries around and even deleting stuff I don't use.  I'll make the space available and I'll keep thinking about this.  I'm going to talk to people who use it.  I remember reading something on VI:Control from a guy who had problems with it. 

The reality is that Sonuscore is going to come out with the winds for The Orchestra 2 one of these days.  They're already teasing it.   I'll get it and it will probably cost in the $129 to $149 range.   I don't remember what the Braaaass of GAS cost    If I can go for that and it's just winds and it's not anywhere as good as this, then that shows what a good deal this is.  But with a new SSD it's $349.   🤬

As I'm focused on videos these days, I love stuff that helps me quickly make insta-cues.  Elysion is going to be a mainstay of the channel I'm building.   If I was smart I would be looking for engines that make music I need write now. 

What engine libraries create spacey music like Elysion?   I'd like to know now that the sales are over.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I almost went for this, but I have no place to put it.  We all know this deal will come back. 

Rather than buy another 1 TB of storage for this one library, I'm going to begin moving some big libraries around and even deleting stuff I don't use.  I'll make the space available and I'll keep thinking about this.  I'm going to talk to people who use it.  I remember reading something on VI:Control from a guy who had problems with it. 

The reality is that Sonuscore is going to come out with the winds for The Orchestra 2 one of these days.  They're already teasing it.   I'll get it and it will probably cost in the $129 to $149 range.   I don't remember what the Braaaass of GAS cost    If I can go for that and it's just winds and it's not anywhere as good as this, then that shows what a good deal this is.  But with a new SSD it's $349.   🤬

As I'm focused on videos these days, I love stuff that helps me quickly make insta-cues.  Elysion is going to be a mainstay of the channel I'm building.   If I was smart I would be looking for engines that make music I need write now. 

What engine libraries create spacey music like Elysion?   I'd like to know now that the sales are over.

Most likely another year for a deep discount like this if they do like last year.

29 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Thanks.  I listened to this, but it's not the kind of music I want to make.  But I love Sonuscore generally. 

Far be it for me to encourage your EW patronage, but I believe the guys who wrote the MIDI engine for HOOPUS Orchestrator are the folks who did Sonuscore's "The Orchestra" series.  Imaging applying that amazing scripting to 900 gigs of deep sampled variety.  But I do think it will be on sale again (if this one ever ends :)  I follow the HOOPUS thread on VI and someone from EW "with knowledge" teased that something new was coming for HOOPUS. I would not be surprised (considering this sale) if it is a paid upgrade or add-on.

Edited by Brian Lawler
  • Like 2