35% Off VI Labs Ravenscroft 275 Grand Piano at PluginFox

David Baay

Other deals available at PluginFox as well but this is the one that brought me there - $130. A highly rated pianist's piano, prized for its "intimate" sound and low noise vs. its primary competitor, the Garritan Abbey Road Studios CFX ($159 at Sweetwater) which I also considered. Just over 18 hour left as I write. I bought it based on reviews but have not yet had a chance to load it up and check it out.

https://pluginfox.com/products/vi-labs-ravenscroft-275

Edited by David Baay

I have the Ravenscroft. It's a good one. But I'd suggest considering Pianoteq by Modartt. They just updated it to v8 and are running all three versions at 25% off. The Stage version is just over 100 €, so I assume about the same for U.S. $. Pianoteq has two big selling points. #1, it's modelled and not sampled. Small, fast and very expressive to play (no velocity layers or round robins). #2 is the sound quality. It's excellent. Worth a check out before spending the money on the Ravenscroft. Pianoteq has a LOT of excellent pianos to choose from. You get 2 included with the Stage version, 3 with the Standard version and 4 with the Pro version. Additional pianos are available for 49 € each. They're also 25% off at the moment. Each piano comes with a bunch of presets, giving you a lot of sound options. Unless you want finer control over individual elements, the Stage version is great. Think of it like Arturia's Analog Lab. It includes all of their synths, and gives you control of up to 8 parameters (of their choosing). Unless you're into sound design, you don't need the expensive version with the full synths.

Pianoteq

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 2