When was the last time you used Cakewalk's X-Ray feature

jesse g

Honestly, I have to say that I totally forgot about this feature in Cakewalk until I was going through my preferences.

Check it out, newbies you might be in for a surprise.

• To turn on this feature,  go to preferences.
  • Look under Customization and click on Display,  and then click on "Enable X-Ray" near the bottom of the window.
  • Now open a plugin, or a virtual instrument  and click on it and then hold down Shift and X.

This works on most Plugins and Virtual instruments.

• Thanks 4

8 hours ago, jesse g said:

and click on it and then hold down Shift and X.

Not the title bar. The plugin itself.

I know you said 'the plugin' but me in my infinite wisdom thought that the title bar would qualify. It don't!

Yeah I forgot about that. It was enabled too. Maybe by default?

• Haha 1

Use the mouse and keyboard to have a ghostly image distorting the view of what's beneath instead of one mouse click to minimise/close the plugin and one to reopen it.

It seems to me like one of those ideas that sounded great in the development meeting, but would be a feature users soon forgot about.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 2:17 PM, msmcleod said:

A friend of mine had a V-STUDIO 700, which had the T-Bar for controlling X-Ray. 
image.png.97b8f206975aad237f7a4e17971a19d1.png

Oh man, were you cool if you got one of these and folks stepped into your project studio.   I was drooling over one of these back in the day, until I got my Mackie Universal Pro.   It is still working !!! 

I saw that video many years ago and thought it was a fantastic feature I should use and then I opened the DAW and tried it to see how it works. Amazing. Since then, I never actually used that and even forgot the shortcut.

There are many other features that I thought cool but forgot.