Snap clip together in track view.

Kurre

I would like to have a "snap together" ckoice in either rightclick menu or the toolbar clips menu in track view.

Exampel: You have two or more samples of sound. You drag them from the browser in to the same track. It's different sounds like a train and a purring cat and a squeking door etc.

They are also of different length. In the track you can shuffle them about and test what sequence would be best and which would stay and which would go.

If you could highlight all clips and do a "snap together" on them that removes the empty space between the clips you are able to listen to the clips without annoying pauses.

Added 9 jan. I can do this manually by use of the settings:

Snap to clip (landmark)

Ripple edit all.

Then i can either mark the empty space between two clips and use the delete key or just drag clips together.

I suggest in the rightclick, edit submenu, to have a "snap" command. It would snap together all clips that is selected and be a timesaver.

PS. All my clips is already at zero crossing. Others that isn't would probably think that consecutive clips would sound bad. I'm aware of that but do it anyway. They have to learn sometime. ;)

Added 10 jan. Removed the j-word that were added the ninth.

Edited by Kurre
Addition.

It's  a timesaving thing.

It have to do with arrangement.

When it comes to audiosamples i've tested a couple of workflows and come to the conclusion that the track view is what works for me. I'm not interested in trance,techno or house so matrix view and alike isn't for me.

Would you think its ok to have 29 audiosamples, in the same track, to listen to after a shuffle and have nr1 play then it takes a little time before nr2 play then it takes a little time before nr3 play and so on. Or do the manual removement of empty spaces 28 times.

If you bounce 29 samples you get 1 sample. How do you shuffle around the 29 different sounds when you just fixated them together in that one sample?

Every time after some shuffling around with the audiosamples you're gonna have empty spaces between them. To join them together with one click would be a huge timesaver.

On 1/6/2019 at 3:28 PM, Kurre said:

I would like to have a "snap together" ckoice in either rightclick menu or the toolbar clips menu in track view.

Exampel: You have two or more samples of sound. You drag them from the browser in to the same track. It's different sounds like a train and a purring cat and a squeking door etc.

They are also of different length. In the track you can shuffle them about and test what sequence would be best and which would stay and which would go.

If you could highlight all clips and do a "snap together" on them that removes the empty space between the clips you are able to listen to the clips without annoying pauses.

Added 9 jan. I can do this manually by use of the settings:

Snap to clip (landmark)

Ripple edit all.

Then i can either mark the empty space between two clips and use the delete key or just drag clips together.

I suggest in the rightclick, edit submenu, to have a "join" command. It would join all clips that is selected and be a timesaver.

PS. All my clips is already at zero crossing. Others that isn't would probably think that consecutive clips would sound bad. I'm aware of that but do it anyway. They have to learn sometime. ;)

You can use the Move Tool or Smart Tool to move the clips up against each other. For example with the move tool, just left click on the clip and move it over.

To join clips, you just select the clips you want to join and right click "Bounce to clip(s)".

Edited by msmcleod

Ok. I see what's wrong. My bad. I forgot people only read partial posts and see what they want to see and give suggestions even when they don't understand the topic.

The first post did not have the word join in it. It only mentioned snap together.

When i did a edit to explain more i misstakenly added the word join in topic title and added text. Anyone can read that i edited the text.

If you read the whole text you would maybe understand that it is about snap command. You have the facts why can't you draw a reasonable conclusion. There is no blend involved only things put side by side.

I now see what you want. The reason why people do not understand you is probably because what you want is of little actual musical use. Butting up together a bunch of samples of arbitrary length does not give a result related to the musical timeline, so it is a feature that I guess most people, myself included, would actually find no use for.

Anyway, I would suggest that you tried again with the Matrix View. It is not about a certain genre of music, but about firing samples, either looped, or unlooped. You can do what you seem to want to do pretty easily with it, and record the result when you are happy with it.

I have not assumed everyone else want this. It was a personal request. If it happens it happens. ♣️

I'm astonished how rigid musicians are.

You know, don't you, you just had to ignore me and my topic instead of try to persuade me to do things your way. 9_9

Hi again:)

Instead of Snap it's possible to merge all clips together to one clip and then "Delete Silence" with Ripple Edit ON. In conjunction with Keyswitches it should be very fast to do this..

Hope that'll help...

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

On 15. Januar 2019 at 2:42 AM, Kurre said:

I have not assumed everyone else want this. It was a personal request. If it happens it happens. ♣️

I'm astonished how rigid musicians are.

You know, don't you, you just had to ignore me and my topic instead of try to persuade me to do things your way. 9_9

So, just do it your way!

Click the right mouse Button and choose "Snap together"! 

Have fun with your way! 🙄

Bassman.