how do i go passed when CW gets stucked scanning plugins in my computer . how do i skip that ...

Any time i install new plugins i try to have "the cake" add them to the plugin lists, but always it gets to this one "DirectWave.dll and don't go passed that.

and there are a lot more plugs in my hard drive. i wanted to see if there is a choice to let "the walk" know to skip that one or any other that may have a problem.

how do i do that ??????

Latinoticiaastelevision

Imageline says it's a sampler. I'd guess it's locked to FL Studio and won't run in other DAWs. I'm also guessing that it's a VST3 plugin, meaning it gets installed in a common area that multiple DAWs access. Consequently, while renaming the file would solve the problem, it means that VI would no longer be available in FL Studio.

DirectWave.dll is the 32 bit VST2 version of the DirectWave VSTi Sample Player from Image-Line for FL Studio... It is incompatible with a 64 bit host... Cakewalk is a 64 bit program... The 64 bit version of DirectWave will run in Cakewalk and the VST file is DirectWave_x64.dll which is a VSTi2...

So there are two possibilities... 1, You added C:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio\Plugins\Fruity\Generators to your Cakewalk vst scan list or 2, You moved the Fruity Generators to your Cakewalk vst folder...

If you really have your heart set on using DirectWave in Cakewalk move the 32 bit DirectWave.dll to a folder that Cakewalk VST scan does not scan and keep the DirectWave_x64.dll...