Waves Vocal Rider + Tune Real Time

cclarry

3 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Is Real Tune like autotune?

Haven't used Autotune in years. But Real Tune is a real time tuner. I have never used it for anything other than pitch correction on vocals. I will adjust the vocal with Melodyne, then stick this plugin in the fx bin, set it up like I want, and it really smooths things out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Is Real Tune like autotune?

The main difference is that it’s a real-time plugin so no editing afterwards. It’s essentially for live use, but I use with when working (for demos and while tracking) as I’m usually to lazy to tune everything manually until the end, when I know what I want.

Years ago, I used to use rbc voice tweaker as a cheaper alternative to AutoTune. Like Real Tune, it was also real-time... but I used a combination of automation & the Process Effect menu to render it offline.

Before you get Real Tune, take a look at Melda Production's MAutoPitch. It basically does the same job, and it comes with their free bundle.

Waves Vocal Rider is definitely worth getting though. There are other alternatives, but none I've seen that are as easy to use.