Silver Lining

Lynn Wilson

Saw when you posted this Lynn but never got a chance to listen until today. Good song. Was not expecting the '80's flavored break in there!! It sounded good and I liked it. Good vocal performance also.

I wasn't expecting as much guitar soloing as you got in there. But it went well with the song. You never forced it. Mix was excellent as I am hearing your remix, so I would agree with you that this one is done.

As a side note, listened twice to that eerie sounding song "Can't Wait". Beginning of it just caught my attention. Also listened to "I Must Be In Love" and your gtr solo work in that was excellent. 

Edited by Grem
Spelling of course!
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 8:50 PM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Lynn,

Great song + strong message, love the lyrics of the chorus especially.

Great vocal performance + guitar solo as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Thank you, Paul.  I appreciate your comments!

On 7/28/2019 at 2:09 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

An impressive song about a controversial subject - interesting - that synth gave your song a bit of an 80's vibe.

Nicely done.

Douglas, thanks for your time and reply!

On 7/28/2019 at 9:17 PM, Grem said:

Saw when you posted this Lynn but never got a chance to listen until today. Good song. Was not expecting the '80's flavored break in there!! It sounded good and I liked it. Good vocal performance also.

I wasn't expecting as much guitar soloing as you got in there. But it went well with the song. You never forced it. Mix was excellent as I am hearing your remix, so I would agree with you that this one is done.

As a side note, listened twice to that eerie sounding song "Can't Wait". Beginning of it just caught my attention. Also listened to "I Must Be In Love" and your gtr solo work in that was excellent. 

Grem, thank you for your kind words!  Just out of curiosity I listened to " I Must Be In Love", too, and discovered that I had posted the wrong version of that song.  I put up the correct version, in case anyone's interested.

23 hours ago, Rik said:

Hey Lynn, pretty dark and heavy, great song and singing !

Rik, thank you for your kind words.  I'm sorry I had to write this song, but maybe the nightmare is almost over...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lynn said:

Just out of curiosity I listened to " I Must Be In Love", too, and discovered that I had posted the wrong version of that song.  I put up the correct version, in case anyone's interested.

Sounded good to me!! LOL 
I'll give it another listen later on. Into so much right now.

• Like 1

In my family, I am the outlier

Practically all the others, parents included,

are lock step with the process, strongly so

I have a nephew who was adopted from Guatemala

I wonder how he feels,

When we gather together,

and practically the entire room chants with the chorus

"Send them Back"

No One else sees the irony but me

He was lucky, and is here on a price, and was a random pick

luck of the draw

like you and me

and the powers that be

won't come to the table

to hammer out a compromise

because if they can divide

they can conquer

don't tell me there isn't a solution

law, fairness, and what is right are not mutually exclusive

nothing ever changes

Great tune Lynn, I'm surprised you didn't start a riot.

I like the horns.  Is there a way you can tweak the attack on them so they sound less keyboardy?

Love the guitar tone

and the bass drum is very organic, almost "stereotypically" native, if you catch my drift, but very appropriate if that was the intentions.

Edited by Jesse Screed
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Great tune Lynn, I'm surprised you didn't start a riot.

I like the horns.  Is there a way you can tweak the attack on them so they sound less keyboardy?

Love the guitar tone

and the bass drum is very organic, almost "stereotypically" native, if you catch my drift, but very appropriate if that was the intentions.

Edited 8 hours ago by Jesse Screed

Jesse, thank you for listening to this and your thoughtful reply!  My ex-wife and stepdaughter are Guatemalan, and my stepdaughter still lives and works there, so this subject is very close to me.  I agree with you about the horns.  I'm using Session Horns, and there's only so much I can do with them unless I upgrade to the more expensive version.  Actually, being a former trumpet player, I think it's the fall of the notes that can be improved as well as the attack, but I will delve into SH and see if there's something I am missing.  The bass drum comes from Superior Drummer 3 which is a vast improvement over what I've used in the past.  I'm still getting acquainted with that program, too.  Thanks again...

On 7/31/2019 at 8:25 AM, Lynn said:

Just out of curiosity I listened to " I Must Be In Love", too, and discovered that I had posted the wrong version of that song.  I put up the correct version, in case anyone's interested.

Just took another listen and this one sounds cleaner. I really can't remember the details but the first thing that hit me was this version was more up front and in your face.

On a side note: Who did the the vocal bkgrd (kinda gospel feel) at the end of the song? That was really nice. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lynn said:

The bg vocal comes from Jacklyn in the voices in Dimension Pro.  It kinda blew my mind when I found her.

I was afraid you were going to tell me it was in-the-box vocals!! Man, that went really well with that song. I mean like made for it!! Wow, great work and really good find on that. I may look for her myself and see if she's available!! : )

• Like 1