PA Any Plugin $24.99 or less

cclarry

3 hours ago, Jan Schmitz said:

You know what? I went through everything I don't already own and there's literally not a single plugin I would value as high as $24.99. This is what PA have done to themselves. Give it to me for 14.99 or *****.

While I have everything I need from them as someone that owns 90+ of the plugins they offer - they have some plugns that are easily worth $25, especially when you compare it to what you get elsewhere.  

I understand this sentiment from those that have already spent a small fortune on what they offer, but for those that haven't yet - I wouldn't rain on this parade.

Amek 9099 for $25 is a fantastic value, plain and simple.  And I don't regret getting Amek 200, Black Box MS, or SPL Iron for ~$25 a piece in the past.  And there are a number of amp sims that are work the $9-20 asking price, IMO.  

Three authoizations isn't terrible either (though I'd prefer more).

Personally I'm looking for $20 no min spend vouchers.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jan Schmitz said:

What makes Amek 9099 stand out?

IMO, it is the only PA channel strip that doesn't feel crippled.

Quality EQ, Compression (which has attack, release, ratio and mix knobs), Limiter extra features like the mono maker, and stereo width.  While I'm not a massive gate user - they added a decent one in there and the layout and interface just makes sense (unlike say the N-Console which is a chore to use).

Very low CPU usage for the feature set.

The THD and TMT is going to be similar to the other PA strips.  

I mean look at Channel J, not having an attack knob makes the compressor more of a limited use section.

Honestly the only thing I'd like to see added to the AMEK would be a switchable pre-amp circuit simulation.  

I own all the PA strips and all the others see little use now unless I want some specific color.  

It sounds good across the board and low CPU consumption.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, antler said:

Which ones, and what makes you say that?

He has posted a couple times about Lindell Audio plugins not being on some perverbial "update" list with PA.

Despite the fact the PA website says this for every Lindell Audio plugin:

image.png.163e19bc607f90c876b12bb6137822c6.png

The only point I'd agree with would be that there are some plugins that could use re-sizable interfaces (everything by Elysa for example) and it doesn't seem like we are going to get it.   

• Thanks 1

So, this was pretty good for me. There were 9 plugs that were nice to have and with their progressive discounts I got them all for $103.98, quite a far cry from the $799 they want to give me everything. Given that there are 13 items I 'never' want and besides Kirchhoff EQ (which I'll get in Dec via Forever29) I own 151 of their plugs. If I get one new plugin each month from Forever29 I'll be reasonably happy.  So, for now I'll be keeping my Forever29.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Leandro Álvarez said:

Despite what? They're not being updated. Google for the Lindell 50 series, it was released last year and it only had one minor update. They're not natively compatible with apple silicon.

They run on modern Apple OS do they not?

They simply don't take advantage of specific processors added abilities, which make up a fraction of the market.

They also dropped support for Win7 and older Mac's OS, does that make them abandonware?  There are more machines out there running those than M1 orM2.

If a plugin works it shouldn't need updates.  50 is also resizable.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Leandro Álvarez said:

Lindell Audio 50 Series - Changelog

Version 1.0.1 (Jan 18, 2021)
-fixed TMT in line amp and transformer (Channel + Buss)
-fixed an issue with save/recall

Version 1.0 (Jan 8, 2021)
- Initial Release

....and that's all, folks!

Do you feel that it needs a v1.0.2 patch? If so, what needs addressing?

• Like 3

Um....no updates can also be a sign that the developer got it right and delivered a bug-free feature complete product the first (or second) time around. It can happen.

These aren't hugely complex DAW's on a quarterly update cycle.

Anyway, I'll make my usual pitch for Unfiltered Audio's BYOME, TRIAD, and G8. The only general purpose gate that I've used since I got the CM version many years ago and then upgraded to the full version (I think it was my first PA purchase).

Of course the rest of the Unfiltered Audio line is very worth looking into if you are interested in sound design, ambient, or glitchy tones. Friendlier than my similarly beloved Glitchmachines and more versatile than my beloved Freakshow Industries FX. The Sandman Pro bundle is especially a treat.

• Like 2