Fuse Audio Labs everything 14.90

jngnz

1 hour ago, ralfrobert said:

DrumSSSX is pretty unique. VCS 1 is a good channel strip with zero latency. If you are in need of tools like this, just take a look.

That does seem pretty unique! VCS I demoed a while ago and like it, but it's very clean. I think I would use my SSL strips over that one for clean and I have too many channel strips, but it is a nice option if I didn't have them.

I've been giving some of them a test run and so far VCL-864U is the front runner.. it seems to handle a LOT of gain reduction.

Flywheel I've heard lots of great things about. On the default settings it doesn't wow me, but I just got Overloud Tapedesk, which I do really rate so I'm A->B testing against that. When you start pushing Flywheel though, dial in some hysteresis and enable crosstalk it starts getting a bit more of a vibe. It's not an instabuy for me yet, but I'm going to spend a bit more time with it.. price is definitely right!

I'm kind of wondering if this is a last hurrah sale and they might get gobbled up by Soundwide with PA/NI/iZo.. these prices aren't common for Fuse at all..  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

That does seem pretty unique! VCS I demoed a while ago and like it, but it's very clean. I think I would use my SSL strips over that one for clean and I have too many channel strips, but it is a nice option if I didn't have them.

I've been giving some of them a test run and so far VCL-864U is the front runner.. it seems to handle a LOT of gain reduction.

Flywheel I've heard lots of great things about. On the default settings it doesn't wow me, but I just got Overloud Tapedesk, which I do really rate so I'm A->B testing against that. When you start pushing Flywheel though, dial in some hysteresis and enable crosstalk it starts getting a bit more of a vibe. It's not an instabuy for me yet, but I'm going to spend a bit more time with it.. price is definitely right!

I'm kind of wondering if this is a last hurrah sale and they might get gobbled up by Soundwide with PA/NI/iZo.. these prices aren't common for Fuse at all..  

They had deep discounts in the past, and the market has changed a lot. I think Fuse doesn't bring additional diversity to the Soundwide portfolio. The scenario is highly unlikely I think. 

37 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

They had deep discounts in the past, and the market has changed a lot. I think Fuse doesn't bring additional diversity to the Soundwide portfolio. The scenario is highly unlikely I think. 

Deep to $14.90 levels? The link to Soundwide is that Fuse is the developer that coded a lot of the Plugin Alliance plugins including Brainworx, Elysia, Neold and more, so he's already responsible for a plethora of products in Soundwide. It's not much of a jump to enter Soundwide from there.

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Deep to $14.90 levels? The link to Soundwide is that Fuse is the developer that coded a lot of the Plugin Alliance plugins including Brainworx, Elysia, Neold and more, so he's already responsible for a plethora of products in Soundwide. It's not much of a jump to enter Soundwide from there.

They had 66 percent discount. And as far as Soundwide is concerned, we'll see. I am ok with using the small number of plugins I own from Fuse as is. 

15 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

They had 66 percent discount. And as far as Soundwide is concerned, we'll see. I am ok with using the small number of plugins I own from Fuse as is. 

Yes, but this goes at least up to 78% off and I think higher for some plugins, which I've never seen from Fuse, ever. Not in a Black Friday sale, or any other sale that I've seen. Entirely possible I've missed it, but I don't recall anything.

For me Soundwide wasn't a judgment... if Plugin Alliance, NI, iZotope, Three Body Tech, or Fuse if they were to join, make good products and the price is right, I'll still buy from them. It's more just wondering if there's anything else behind these sale prices which are a little more out of character and like I mentioned, they're already responsible for a truckload of plugins being sold in Soundwide now, so there's potential dots to be joined. 

You may be right. It's just a fact that the business segment has become a lot harder. If you want a share of what people are willing to spend in total, what you can write on the price tag has become less and less. And in the economy right now... 

Two years ago, it's been 30 per pop. Now 15, looking at PA, Waves, others. U-he, Toontrack and other exceptions exist. 

Just some general observations. And now I will get back to actually make music :)

1 minute ago, ralfrobert said:

You may be right. It's just a fact that the business segment has become a lot harder. If you want a share of what people are willing to spend in total, what you can write on the price tag has become less and less. And in the economy right now... 

Two years ago, it's been 30 per pop. Now 15, looking at PA, Waves, others. U-he, Toontrack and other exceptions exist. 

Just some general observations. And now I will get back to actually make music :)

I would agree that it does seem like it might be a bit harder for them all at the moment too. Not necessarily across the board, some are barely discounting, but there are some exceptions to the rule where this BF has seen some of the deepest discounts yet.

And enjoy, that's what it's all about! 🙂

I need to get back to testing out the rest of the Kush plugins to decide which ones I'm going to buy. Gotta love this time of year.. so much new music stuff to paly with 🙂

6 hours ago, MusicMan said:

What are everyone's favourites?

been using the VREV-305 Vintage Spring Reverb since it came out, find it to be great sounding, versatile and a bit unique... a go-to for getting acoustic instruments to sit in a smaller space

the Dozer-Drive is a nice sounding two-trick pony.

Flywheel is also up there, find it to be less "cloudy" than most other tape emus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jackson white said:

been using the VREV-305 Vintage Spring Reverb since it came out, find it to be great sounding, versatile and a bit unique... a go-to for getting acoustic instruments to sit in a smaller space

the Dozer-Drive is a nice sounding two-trick pony.

Flywheel is also up there, find it to be less "cloudy" than most other tape emus.

Couldn't agree more about VREV305. I see people getting excited about the Liquidsonics sale and I'm over here smirking, thinking „if they only knew“…

• Like 1

Ended up going for:

• VCL-864U
  • VCL-373
  • VCL-4
  • Flywheel

I quite like them all, especially the first 3. I have lots of tapes and Flywheel is just another flavour / option to have.

373 surprised me and does something really cool with hats and cymbals. and 864 can get pretty punchy with snappy transients and VCL-4 works great on vocals and adds some nice warmth. Easily worth the price of admission.

The sale is still on too 🙂 

• Like 2