Cakewalk crashes after exporting audio

seege

19 minutes ago, scook said:

The VST folder is set during the initial install and cannot be changed.

Consider performing a clean install and pay attention to the prompts (one of them sets the VST folder but all the others are pretty important too).

@scookI have done that a few times now. There seems to be no way to stop it from scanning everything. I have a feeling priority is probably still for windows 10 users as this is a free program.

For no reason at all it seems to have fixed itself. But now it doesn't seem to see most of the vst's in the folder. i'm guessing someone is working on the fix in the background.

Edited by Kris Sutton

We'll, no. Free or not, this works correctly on every system I've tried it on, and you can see by just looking at the forum that there's no other people complaining about this issue - the forum would be full of complaints if this scan path issue was a general "but it's free" thing.

Bear in mind that an uninstall is different to the clean install instructions that @scook shared - if you can't specifically choose your VST path when you're reinstalling CbB then you haven't done a clean install.

If it actually was a clean install and you're able to let it use the correct defaults the installer provides, and it's still scanning everything, then something is seriously wrong somewhere.

Edited by Lord Tim

A clean install will allow you to set the default VST folder.

Failing that, manually entering 

1 hour ago, scook said:
  • %localappdata%\programs\common\vst3
  • c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins
  • c:\program files\common files\vst3

in Preferences > File > VST Settings "VST Scan Paths" and setting VSTPLuginsPath in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST to whatever you want (this image shows it set to the CbB default)

Cxol5o3.png

will accomplish what the installer does WRT VST path setup.

It works now, I reinstalled it many times the basic way and the advanced way.

Looks like i have to reinstall my vsts's. Thought you could just input the file and go.

Well it did not work on this system. And windows 11 has a low user base. Im sure you might find more issues with time.

Anyway, thanks guys! :)

Update: It does not work with .dll files. @scook @Lord Tim

Screenshot 2023-01-11 135913.png

Edited by Kris Sutton

I did that, i put them in the default folder. Only the vst3 files would work. I'm just gonna wait a while until the bugs get fixed. Ive been using this software for at least a few years. I upgraded to a new pc and that's when the problems started. I don't have the program installed anymore. Will check back in a few months. Thanks!

• 1 month later...