Spitfire The Ton

Fleer

usually a good deal at $99 but not sure this time:

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/the-ton#overview

Fragile String Evolutions is a collection of long, intensely beautiful chamber evolutions, perfectly complementing our other evolutions libraries, while also thriving as its own compositional tool.

Spitfire Studio Brass gives you epic power on tap, featuring grace and pinpoint detail of the dry stage, expertly recorded by Grammy award-winning engineer Simon Rhodes. Choose solo, duet, or section performances, and realise the detail of your music with swells, flutter tongues, and staccatissimo stabs, as well as traditional articulations.

Abbey Road One: Sparkling Woodwinds is a stunningly orchestrated woodwind section, performed by London's leading session players, letting you create everything from beautiful, reflective passages to sprightly runs using our easy-to-use legato patches, captured in Abbey Road’s iconic Studio One.

Edith adds: the first lib may be fine but it’s the old Evo Grid 2, rehashed in the Spitfire app. The two other libs are much smaller. 

Edited by Fleer
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

ok, what defines a good Spitfire bf deal?

iirc, many people were disappointed in last year's offering. was somewhat new to Spitfire, I purchased.

so when was the most recent "good deal"? 2020? 2019? 2018? . . .

The "rare" 50% off sale is the best time to buy

• Great Idea 1

It's much more niche, and not orchestral, but the best buys in this sale (especially if you're in a smaller budget range) may be the components of the "Classics Bundle":

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/classics-bundle

If you (somehow) have a need for all of the various bits, the bundle is >$1000 off, apparently. But each library is selling on its own at 80% off -- several as low as $19, which is pretty unusual for Spitfire, I think.

I've got a ten-buck coupon from a deal a while back, and thinking of taking a $9 flyer on the electric cello. There's some interesting stuff in the classics, if not so traditionally "Spitfire-y".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bad Penguin said:

ok, what defines a good Spitfire bf deal?

iirc, many people were disappointed in last year's offering. was somewhat new to Spitfire, I purchased.

so when was the most recent "good deal"? 2020? 2019? 2018? . . .

I got the Ton with British Drama Toolkit and eDNA (plus the Orchestral Grand) in 2019. That one was okay. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bad Penguin said:

eh, may not be my best bf purchase, but picked up The Ton and Classics bundle, minus the recent $10 gc for $308.

Just enough for the freebie Aperture Cassette Symphony.

12 new toys at an average cost of $25 each.

I guess I could do worse . . .

I'm still not sure that's a good deal ? 

The Classics bundle is a bit 'meh' and even needs the full version of Kontakt, it won't work in the free player.

For about the same price you could have bought the amazing Arturia collection V9 (for example) which has 33 excellent synths.

I think Spitfire have very much gone of the boil in the last year or so.