PA Announcement

cclarry

I stand corrected on the re-buy your licenses statement. Still seems slight off to me that you need to pay a ZDT 'insurance' for a potential hardware failure that could be beyond anyone's control (though I suppose it's the same with a e.g. fridge/car/washing machine).

Edited by antler

1 hour ago, Sergio said:

For $30 bucks/year you can buy an insurance for all your licenses in a specific iLok device (the Zero Down Time or ZDT). That's $2.50/month and IMO is pretty reasonable, specially if you have thousands of $ in software licenses on the device.

I also like iLok and would like to have this option for every single software I ever  bought. It'd save me a lot of headaches (f.i I already lost one Arturia's Collection license the last time my system HD went south).

Better than that would be serial numbers that you can type as many times as you want/need but, unfortunately, this kind of SW registration belongs to the past.

I tend to support those developers.   They tend to trust the end user or prefer to spend time developing a products instead of time locking it down.

• Like 2

Back ot.

There is nothing in the emails I got from PA that interest me. 

With what I have from Melda, Waves, and IK, I can do without thier prices.

Props needs to go to Larry for getting me in on all the great PA deals when they were available!!

5 hours ago, Sergio said:

For $30 bucks/year you can buy an insurance for all your licenses in a specific iLok device (the Zero Down Time or ZDT). That's $2.50/month and IMO is pretty reasonable, specially if you have thousands of $ in software licenses on the device.

I also like iLok and would like to have this option for every single software I ever  bought. It'd save me a lot of headaches (f.i I already lost one Arturia's Collection license the last time my system HD went south).

Better than that would be serial numbers that you can type as many times as you want/need but, unfortunately, this kind of SW registration belongs to the past.

there are a fair few companies that allow non dongle, no internet activation. from my installer folder:

serials or keyfile: 2caudio, acondigital,black rooster, blue cat, boz, camel audio, fabfilter, fuse audio, hornet, kilohearts, klanghelm, klevgrand, samplemagic,siraudio,tokyodawn,toneboosters, u-he, voxengo, wavesfactory, aom, auditory, cravedsp, ddmf, dmgaudio, imageline, kuassa, melda, overtonedsp, psp (though some modern ones are ilok), sonimus, sugaraudio, tbproaudio, tritik, valhalla

i'm sure there are many morebesides.

with regards to PluginAlliance I'm not going to pay $150 a year. maybe if they merged with slate and the sub was $100 might be tempted.

12 hours ago, Sergio said:

Yes in an ideal world that would be the best option, I still have a few pieces of software use a serial like that. Even with offline activation, any file you download is still in some way lock to your computer and you would have to get a new one if you have a hardware change.

Even some of the Windows 10 updates have had me having to reauthorize some software, I think it happened with Omnisphere once.

Edited by rasure

Some of the plugins do look interesting, but I have so many already that sound great to my ears. I always end up feeling guilty when I buy new plugins as I end up thinking at the back of my mind that there's something I'm not using.

• Like 2