[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.11 Update 1 Early Access [Updated to Build 21]

Morten Saether

5 hours ago, Carl Parnell said:

I am having really bad audio drop out issues not matter how little or how many plugins or files are loaded, found a tutorial in regards to setting latency and other parameters but no change.

Had none of these issue on the previous version I was using. 

Where is the link to roll back as I have work to do and this is frustrating.

I replied to the post you did a couple of hours before this ^^^^ post.

The forum has a search feature.  Consecutive words need to be placed in quotation marks.  Try "Rollback installer" in the forum search bar.  

For example, the search included this . . . .

I installed 2022.11 Build 21. I'm using it with my two QCon Pro G2 control surfaces, the 2nd of which is the Ex. I cannot get Cakewalk Volume to control the automated fader on the first track of the Extender unit.  All other faders on both QCons respond to fader motion in Cakewalk. And all faders in Cakewalk respond to motion on the QCon hardware.

I believe the hardware fader in question is working properly, that is, is still motorized, because at hardware Startup, it snaps to 50% of the throw.

To the best of my recollection, the fader was working correctly when I was using 2022.11, the official release.

Possible defect?

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by XBaker

On 3/23/2023 at 2:31 PM, XBaker said:

I installed 2022.11 Build 21. I'm using it with my two QCon Pro G2 control surfaces, the 2nd of which is the Ex. I cannot get Cakewalk Volume to control the automated fader on the first track of the Extender unit.  All other faders on both QCons respond to fader motion in Cakewalk. And all faders in Cakewalk respond to motion on the QCon hardware.

I believe the hardware fader in question is working properly, that is, is still motorized, because at hardware Startup, it snaps to 50% of the throw.

To the best of my recollection, the fader was working correctly when I was using 2022.11, the official release.

Possible defect?

Thanks,

Tom

@XBaker, Have you tried using a QCon editor program to determine what address the fader is using?  Is it possible two faders may be assigned the same midi address?  Are you using ACT to communicate with the control surfaces?  If so, have you tried using the self learn feature to manually assign an address to the fader?

On 3/27/2023 at 9:43 PM, Jim Fogle said:

@XBaker, Have you tried using a QCon editor program to determine what address the fader is using?  Is it possible two faders may be assigned the same midi address?  Are you using ACT to communicate with the control surfaces?  If so, have you tried using the self learn feature to manually assign an address to the fader?

Hi Jim!

I opened the editor program and it's setup properly as near as I can tell. I'm in MCP moide and each fader on the Extender is sending Pitch Bend on unique MIDI channels.

image.png.f36f29b62e13cd8917d1b89f72408ee1.png

It's been a while since I setup the surface, but I'm not using ACT as I recall. 

I just updated the QCon Firmware from v1.11 to v1.13 and tried again. Now the Cakewalk Fader properly controls the first fader on the QCon EX.

BUT ... now the same fader won't control Cakewalk! It appears to be a QCon issue, because it's not becoming the selected channel when I touch the fader. I just performed the Fader Test on the QCon and the first fader isn't responding to my touch. All other faders are fine. I'll go through the calibration settings again and report back soon.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...